ADVERTISEMENT

Week 2 SCAC Picks

Washington_sports

Sep 23, 2013
OK, time to test your skills at HS football. How much do you know? How well can you pick the winners each week? C'mon everyone, lets hear what the masses have to say.

Week two SCAC
Connell (1-0) @ Cashmere (0-1)
Goldendale (0-1) @ Riverview (0-1)
Wahluke (0-1) @ Cle Elum (0-1)
DeSales (0-1) @ Burbank (1-0)
Royal (1-0) @ Naches (0-1)
KiBe (1-0) @ Highland (0-1)
Zillah (1-0) @ Cascade (0-1)
Granger (0-1) @ Mabton (1-0)

Here are my picks with a little explanation:

Connell had an impressive win over 2A Othello but they tend to struggle with Cashmere in early season games. Cashmere had a good showing against 2B Okanogan but seemed to give up near the end of the game. This should be a hard hitting game but I think with Connell's boost in late quarters and Cashmere dragging, goto go with Connell in the end.(35-21)

Riverview had a tough opening week, but should be able to pull it together and beat Goldendale. (21-6)

Really not sure who will come out of this one, Wahluke seemed to have a good year last year and a ton of kids showing up this year. sticking my neck out that Wahluke can pull off the win (14-12)

Looks like Burbank may have a good season (hope last week was not a fluke) Burbank over DeSales (28-7)

With a really impressive win last week over 2A Ephrata, Royal is showing why they should be ranked top in the state. The Air game is not normally the Knights type of game but the 3rd year starting jr is really showing poise in the pocket. I don't see Naches finding a way to stop the air or running game. Royal easy (56-0)

KiBe was impressive last week, and this week will continue to roll. KiBe (45-7)

GAME OF THE WEEK: Zillah is still the powerhouse on the west side of the SCAC but this week they will have to play a fast paced game Cascade. The Kodiaks beat Zillah in the quarter finals last year but lost some speed driven seniors. I have a feeling Zillah wants revenge but Cascade is not going down without a fight. should be a good match. Cascade ((22-21)

Granger takes home the win in Mabton (21-6)

I think Connell's confidence from their win over Othello will carry them to victory over Cashmere, but I expect a close game.

I think Goldendale/Riverview will be closer than some might think. In fact, I'm going with Goldendale.

I'll take Wahluke over Cle Elum and Burbank over DeSales.

I'll take Ki-Be easily over Highland and Mabton in a surprise over Granger.

I think Zillah should take the win over Cascade by a couple touchdowns. Cascade lost a tough one to Quincy last week that I expected them to win.

Final Scores:::
Connell 45 Cashmere 7
Goldendale 26 Riverview 14
Wahluke 36 Cle Elum 47
DeSales 7 Burbank 32
Royal 48 Naches 0
KiBe 64 Highland 0
Zillah 41 Cascade 13
Granger 34 Mabton 6

Wash_Sports - 5-3 not bad for week 2.
Old Grenadier- 5-2 Nice call on Goldendale. looks like they may be the underdogs to watch.

ADVERTISEMENT