ADVERTISEMENT

Week 5 SCAC Picks

Washington_sports

Sep 23, 2013
Starting off with the results of week 4: Wash_Sports (7-1), OldGrenadier (7-1), Front Row Joe (6-2), Little074 (6-2):

KiBe 67 @ Burbank 32 ---------------------------------------- Zillah 42 @ Naches 7
Granger 30 @ La Salle 34 ----------------------------------- Cle Elum 20 @ Cascade 51
Highland 0 @ Goldendale 47 -------------------------------- Riverview 6 @ Warden 64
Wahluke 0 @ Connell 48 ------------------------------------- Cashmere 6 @ Royal 55

Now for Mid season Games, This is week 5. seems like everyone can pick these games, but who will be the first to pick a perfect week???? Should have went with my gut on KiBe last week.

La Salle (3-0) @ Zilla (4-0) - Game of the week, this should decide the top seed on the west side.
Cashmere (1-3) @ Naches (1-3)
Goldendale (3-1) @ Granger (1-3)
Burbank (2-2) @ Highland (0-4)
Royal (4-0) @ Wahluke (1-3)
Connell (3-1) @ Riverview (1-3)
Waitsburg (2-1) @ KiBe (3-1)

Last edited:
This week should be a easy week to pick, so even those who don't pick can join in.

This is GTW because they are both holding perfect records and it will represent the top seed in league as well as this years top seed to state. Lots riding on this game. Now that I have said that, I don't think this will be a vary close game. Zillah has crushed some good opponents and La Salle struggled with Granger last week. Zillah is a quick game (47-6)

Cashmere and Naches finally get a break from their tough opening schedules, only to play each other. this game will be decided on the team that can pick up the pieces and keep trudging down the field. I am going to give a slight edge to Cashmere because the are a team built for the trenches and Naches cant seem to find a way through the air. (36-16)

Goldendale @ Granger will probably be the closest game this week. Both teams are hot and cold and the winner is the one that comes out hot this week. flip a coin.... Goldendale it is (13-15)

Burbank over Highland - (55-0)

Royal has a tough defense and Wahluke may see a replay of last week struggling to get points on the board. (56-0)

Connell should eliminate Riverview in the first half as the panthers are coming off a troubling loss last week. (47-0)

KiBe will run up the score one last time on this 2B school, before they play back to back games that will find their points allowed to mimic the 195 points scored this season. (55-13)

Serious numbers put up last week. I still haven't found an explanation for what happened out in Warden, but holy smokes. Let's get to the action.
Zillah gets physical with the Lightning. Last time I watched both teams play in Yakima it went something like 53-14 Leopards. So I'm rolling with that.
I look for Cashmere to get on track over the Rangers. I'll say 28-7 Bulldogs.
I think Goldendale has a happy bus ride home there back to the McDonalds from whenst they came! (That's the only part of G-Dale I ever see.) 21-20.
Poor Scotties. Burbank (45-0).
Royal and Wahluke square off there in beautiful downtown Mattawa. The stadium will be rockin'. The fancy automobiles will be rolling. It is homecoming weekend for the Warriors. The Knights always love to crash a good party. Wahluke's only chance is the bus breaking down or rolling off the S curves. If. Knights big 56-0.
Riverview, what version of the Panthers come out of last week's mauling at the hands of Warden? Will it be a lowly, dysfunctional and defeated team? Will they rise from the ashes of defeat to grasp at glory once again? Nope. Still smouldering. Connell 52-6
Ki-Be gets a shot at bolstering their record before big time league opponents even it out. Bears 42-14.

No time to pretend I know what I'm talking about this week (or I'm deflated after the past 2 weeks) so i'm just picking

Zillah over LaSalle (42-6)
Cashmere over Naches (35-7)
Goldendale over Granger (21-14)
Burbank over Highland (34-0)
Royal over Wahluke (54-0)
Connell over Riverview (48-6)
Ki-Be over Waitsburg (28-10)

It is no fun when everybody picks the same, but I honestly can't find a sleeper. Maybe Granger or Waitsburg. Nope, gotta go the same as everyone else so far.
Zillah
Cashmere
Goldendale (may be the closest game of the bunch)
Burbank
Royal
Connell
Ki-Be

ADVERTISEMENT