ADVERTISEMENT

Week 8 Pick em

Washington_sports

Sep 23, 2013
Last week was fun and we even got some insight to the Northeast as well as the west side. King Griz was right, Monte was out to prove the they can stay play with the big dogs. Boz seems to know the NE league well, but well enough to pick the Lakeside/Freeman game? How did FR_Joe know Chelan was that good?
Mind you this week is not going to be as easy as last week, give us your knowledge go with your gut, what will it be?

Northeast (District 7)
Lakeside (6-1) @ Freeman (5.2) - Will Lakeside make next week a battle for #1, or will Freeman give Lakeside the key to a possible 3 way tie?
Deer Park (4-3) @ Colville (6-1)

CTL (District 6) - Does anyone want to win this league?
Cashmere (4-3) @ Cascade (2-5)
Omak (2-5) @ Chelan (2-5)

SCAC (District 5)
KiBe (4-3) @ Wahluke (2-5) - Battle for #3 on the east side.
Royal (7-0) @ Burbank (3-4)
La Salle (5-1) @ Riverview (1-6)
Cle Elum (1-6) @ Highland (0-7)
Naches (2-5) @ Goldendale (5-2) Winner is in the crossovers.
Zillah (7-0) @ Granger (2-5)

Westside games of interest:
Evergreen/Trico (District 4) -Time to sort out the seeding for crossovers.
Tenino (5-2) @ Monte (5-2) - can Tenino comeback from last week making a 3 way tie for #2 or will Monte keep rolling?
Elma (5-2) @ Eatonville (3-4)
Kalama (6-1) @ La Center (4-3) - League title on the line.
Castle Rock (3-4) @ Stevenson (2-5)

Nisqually/Olympic (District 3)

Northwest/Cascade (District 1)
Archbishop Murphy (7-0) @ Kings (7-0) - Even thought it is 2A vs 1A, this league makes for some exciting matchups.
Meridian (4-4) @ Mt Baker (6-1) - Meridian lost a close one the first time (33-28), can they comeback and win?

Lakeside (6-1) @ Freeman (5.2) - I am liking Lakeside for some reason.
Colville

Cashmere
Chelan seems to have what it takes.

KiBe (4-3) @ Wahluke (2-5) - Going for the Warriors on home turf, but kibe should score easily.
Royal - do I even have to say it?
La Salle puts the hurt on a down and out Riverview squad.
Cle Elum seems to play well against every team, but cant seem to get the win. Here is their chance.
Goldendale is looking for that #2 spot.
Zillah should win unless they are thinking about the Connell game next week.

Westside games of interest:
Monte, Eatonville, Kalama, Castle Rock

Wish I could be there for this one. going with ABM is a good defensive game.
Mt. Baker

Last edited:
Well I am going to go out on a limb for some of these games.....
Northeast
Lakeside @ Freeman - I am going to go for the home team.....I mean why not, defend the home turf!
Deer Park @ Colville - Colville.....don't know too much about the east side teams but going with the better record here.....
CTL
Cashmere @ Cascade - Why not lets see an upset?
Omak @ Chelan - Something has to give here......Chelan
SCAC
KiBe @ Wahluke - KiBe I guess.....
Royal @ Burbank - Royal....good team enough said
La Salle @ Riverview - La Salle....heard quite a few good things about the La Salle team.....
Cle Elum @ Highland - Highland......gets the first win on the year
Naches @ Goldendale - Goldendale....the Rangers just seem to not have consistency......
Zillah @ Granger - Zillah hands down

Westside
Evergreen/Trico
Tenino @ Montesano - This will be a very good game because Tenino has a good team and with Swilley as coach he knows the Monte squad pretty well with his coaching days at Hoquiam......but in the end it will be Monte in a close game
Elma @ Eatonville - Eatonville is coming off an emotional win vs #9 at the time Tenino last week.....Elma is coming off a throttle of a win less Aberdeen squad.....Elma will pound the ball on the ground and take this one.....
Here is where I will add the other Evergreen games.....
Hoquiam @ Rochester
- Hoquiam.....the passing game will be in effect here and they will fix the penalty problem after last weeks game vs Forks......
Forks @ Aberdeen - Both teams are win less in league here and something has to give.......Forks has to make the trip back down to the Harbor for the 2nd straight week and Aberdeen showed some fight against Elma last week......Aberdeen by a close margin
Back to the original games of interest......
Kalama @ La Center
- La Center is always a team of interest and Kalama is having a good year......So La Center it is in a very close one.....
Castle Rock @ Stevenson - Castle Rock......Stevenson is an unpredictable team so the Rockets by a convincing number....
Nisqually/Olympic
Vashon Island (3-4) @ Cascade Christian (5-1) - CC in this one.....
Charles Wright (1-5) @ Bellevue Christian (4-3) - Don't know much about either team but Bellevue Christian it is....
Northwest/Cascade
Archbishop Murphy @ Kings - Archbishop Murphy in this one.....Kings is a good team year in and year out as both Hoquiam and Monte can attest to during playoff time...but they will be taken from the unbeaten ranks......
Meridian @ Mt. Baker - I don't think it is too far to travel for Meridian in this one, but it's on the Mountaineers home turf.....so Mt. Baker it is......

Last edited:
This gets a lot tougher when we are basically covering the entire state. I did decent last week. Let's see how I do this time around.

District 7
Since a Lakeside win would keep things most interesting in the NEA I'll pick them for the win.
I think Colville will stay undefeated over Deer Park.

District 6
Since the CTL only gets one bid all of these games matter.
I'll go with Cashmere and Chelan, which sets up a final battle for that seed between these two teams next week.

District 5
KiBe @ Wahluke will be the most interesting game. The winner will take the SCAC-East #3 seed heading in to the crossovers. I think KiBe, if they are healthy after two tough weeks against Connell and Royal, has the beef up front to slow the Warrior running attack and enough offense to come out on top.

Naches @ Goldendale is the other interesting matchup. I believe the winner should be guaranteed at least the #3 seed for the SCAC-West and a meaningful crossover matchup. I like Goldendale at home to grind out a win. It would also set up a fun battle between LaSalle and Goldendale for the #2 seed the following week.

Other SCAC games should go to LaSalle, Cle Elum, and Zillah without much struggle.

District 4
I'll take Monte, Eatonville, LaCenter, and Castle Rock.

District 1
I'll take Murphy over Kings in a battle and Mt Baker over Meridian. These both could be very telling games for predicting post season success.

District 3
Doesn't the Bellevue Christian v Charles Wright game decide the #2 in the Nisqually? I'm leaning toward Bellevue Christian.
Obviously I will take Cascade Christian big over Vashon.

Northeast (District 7)
Lakeside @ Freeman - I'm looking forward to this one. I think it's gonna be a hard fought battle and decided in the last few minutes but I'm going with Freeman.
Deer Park @ Colville - Colville

CTL (District 6)
Cashmere @ Cascade - Cashmere by a couple of touchdowns though Cascade's unpredictability may come out. I'm still going with Cashmere.
Omak @ Chelan - Chelan

SCAC (District 5)
No Connell game this week?
KiBe @ Wahluke - I'm guessing this is going to be a high scoring game as Wahluke has a hard time stopping the pass and Ki-Be has a hard time stopping the run. Who wants to make it to playoffs? I am going with Ki-Be
Royal @ Burbank - Royal
La Salle @ Riverview - La Salle
Cle Elum @ Highland - Cle Elulm
Naches @ Goldendale - Goldendale, but it won't be easy. I think this will be a close one too. Another "who wants to go to playoffs?" situation.
Zillah @ Granger - Zillah

Evergreen/Trico (District 4)
Tenino @ Monte - Montesano
Elma @ Eatonville - Elma
Kalama @ La Center - Kalama
Castle Rock @ Stevenson - Castle Rock

Nisqually/Olympic (District 3)
Charles Wright @ Bellevue Christian - Bellevue Christian
Vashon Island @ Cascade Christian - Cascade Christian

Northwest/Cascade (District 1)
Archbishop Murphy @ Kings - Archbishop Murphy. Great opportunity for King's to show what they're made of before playoffs - though I don't think they need to when they've been playing AA schools most of the season.
Meridian @ Mt Baker - Mt. Baker - another great game. I'm going against the grain and picking meridian. I'm thinking they learned from the last time they played and its a home game for them.

I guess Connell was suppose to play Cle Elum this week, but when Highland was able to make a team Cle Elum had do cancel. I thought I saw that Connell was going all the way to Odessa, but haven't heard if that was really going to happen. Long drive for not much of a game.

I got caught up in my own season down here in sunny Southern California, so apologies for fading in and out.
Lakeside vs. Freeman- I haven't read up on much in this league this year. I'm going to roll with the Scotties to make things complicated at the top of the league. Who doesn't love parity?!
Colville/Deer Park-I'll roll with the Indians and the WIng T as much as I hate that offense it is difficult to simulate in practice and adjust to in game speed.
Cashmere/Cascade- Kodiaks or Bulldogs? Hmm. Even though it is just up the road there in Peshastin, I'm rolling with the black and orange. Jeez, more colors I HATE. Lots of contempt here.
Chelan/Omak- WIll Christmas come early for the Goats who don their festive Green and Red like the lush apples of the Wenatchee Valley? I think so!
Ki-Be/Wahluke- I will crawl gingerly out on limb for this one. I think the Warriors will steal one here at home. Call it a reluctant hunch.
Columbia-Burbank/Royal- The other Purple and Gold team from the East side of the SCAC rolls in to take on the Royal Knights. We all know how this ends people. Knights, no contest. Especially at DNM.
LaSalle/Riverview- Have you ever witnessed beautiful downtown Fintucky on a Friday night? (It's Finley by the way). The Lightning roll in and roll out without the customary cannon sound at the touchdown. Instead it will be to the cringe-worthy sound of that one lady who is always way too loud and equally rude. If you've ever been to a Riverview game at home you almost certainly know what I'm talking about.
Cle Elum/Highland- Poor Scotties. Cle Elum takes this one.
Naches/Goldendale- The Dale, the Wolves. They get it done.
Granger/Zillah- They have the coolest name, the worst colors and a nasty way of playing football. Leopards.
Monte/Tenino- The Montesano Bulldogs. Nuff said.
Elma/Eatonville- My buddy went to Elma. Guess I'll choose them.
La Center/Kalama- The only thing I could think of while typing the word Kalama was Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. Kalama!!!!!
Castle Rock/Stevenson- Castle Rock just sounds so much cooler than Stevenson. I don't think that bodes well for my ability to pick winners but the rock!
CW/BC-And the Academy award goes to! CW is my pick.
Vashon/CC-Cougs!
As for the last two I look for the Mounties and ATM to come out on top.

I guess Connell was suppose to play Cle Elum this week, but when Highland was able to make a team Cle Elum had do cancel. I thought I saw that Connell was going all the way to Odessa, but haven't heard if that was really going to happen. Long drive for not much of a game.

Coach Riner told me that they had a bye on their schedule and Oroville was willing to fill it, but then backed out. Instead they will now have an extra week to prepare for Zillah the following week. I'm guessing you might find a little purple and gold at Granger High School tonight.

ADVERTISEMENT