ADVERTISEMENT

Week 8 Picks for 1A

Washington_sports

Sep 23, 2013
Well after last week, this week should be easy. only posting the major game for playoff spots. Congrats to FrontRowJoe on a perfect pick, OldGrenadier, GoKnights and WashSports all missed one game. almost everyone else only missed 2 or 3. This is going to make for a really good playoff challenge.

Who do you have this week?

Kings (5-2) at Sultan (6-1) Game of the week
Zillah (6-1) @ Granger (6-1)
La Salle (6-1) at Naches (5-2)
Colville (4-3) at Lakeside (4-3)
Newport (5-2) at Freeman (5-2)

King's 35 Sultan 14
Zillah 33 Granger 12
La Salle 42 Naches 29
Lakeside 21 Colville 18
Freeman 14 Newport 9

Well after last week, this week should be easy. only posting the major game for playoff spots. Congrats to FrontRowJoe on a perfect pick, OldGrenadier, GoKnights and WashSports all missed one game. almost everyone else only missed 2 or 3. This is going to make for a really good playoff challenge.

Who do you have this week?

Kings @ Sultan - I do not really like King's because their athletes are more on the cocky side (something similar to how Monte is) so Sultan it is!!
Zillah @ Granger - I have gone against the Leopards 2 weeks in a row and they won, so now I am going to pick them this week so Zillah!!!!
La Salle @ Naches - I have picked the Rangers 2 weeks in a row and they lost, so now I am going against them so La Salle it is!!!!
Colville @ Lakeside - ummmmm coin flip it is!!!! Lakeside!!
Newport @ Freeman - see above.........going with the home team once again Lakeside!!!

We'll see if my luck can continue. NEA is a crap shoot, seems like anybody can beat anybody up there. I'm just going with history of their respective programs. SCAC shouldn't be too tough to pick - Naches needs an upset but I don't think they will get it. Kings v Sultan a good one to have game of the week. This will prove how good (or mediocre) Sultan is. Hopefully they can keep it close.

Kings
(5-2) at Sultan (6-1)

I'll go with Kings 35-17
Zillah (6-1) @ Granger (6-1) Zillah
La Salle (6-1) at Naches(5-2) LA Salle
Colville (4-3) at Lakeside (4-3) My old home team let me down last week but ill go with them again. COLVILLE
Newport (5-2) at Freeman (5-2) Find out if Newport is ready for a playoff run or not this week. I'll take Freeman at home

Kings I'm going with the one team in that league that would play ATM ( and they lived to tell about it)
Zillah lock of the week
La Salle Naches cost me last week not this week
Colville who knows what will happen in the NEA this year
Freeman same reason as above

Another week almost escaped me.

Kings (5-2) at Sultan (6-1) - I am going against the grain on this game. Sultan has been my Cinderella team all year and I think it is their year to beat kings. (Don't let me down, I got my pride riding on this game)
Zillah (6-1) @ Granger (6-1) I would like to see a 3 way tie, but no chance this year. Zillah easy over Granger.
La Salle (6-1) at Naches (5-2) - not much competition in this league, but La Salle played well last week, I looking for them to come out and do it again.
Colville (4-3) at Lakeside (4-3) - not sure what happened to Lakeside last week, but Newport showed me that Lakeside is missing something after beating Freeman. Wacky Wild NEA football. Going with Colville, they got the hard games out of the way.
Newport (5-2) at Freeman (5-2) - if Newport plays like they did last week, Freeman is going down. Freeman let me down twice, so going with Newport just to be different.

Last edited:
Kings @ Sultan - I do not really like King's because their athletes are more on the cocky side (something similar to how Monte is) so Sultan it is!!
Zillah @ Granger - I have gone against the Leopards 2 weeks in a row and they won, so now I am going to pick them this week so Zillah!!!!
La Salle @ Naches - I have picked the Rangers 2 weeks in a row and they lost, so now I am going against them so La Salle it is!!!!
Colville @ Lakeside - ummmmm coin flip it is!!!! Lakeside!!
Newport @ Freeman - see above.........going with the home team once again Lakeside!!!
by Lakeside? do you mean Freeman (the home team)? They are no where near a lake.

Some tough games to pick this week. Since I am out to win this thing, I will be picking the teams that I think will win. Not necessarily the teams that I want to win.

Kings (5-2) at Sultan (6-1) Game of the week I think Kings is the better team, but Sultan is clearly much improved. I don't care for Privates, but I also don't care for teams that forfeit games strategically.
Zillah (6-1) @ Granger (6-1) More parity in the SCAC-West than there has been in the recent past, but I think Zillah knows the league title is now firmly in their grasp after the big win over La Salle.
La Salle (6-1) at Naches (5-2) Based on my assessment that Naches has been in soft all year up until last week. Murderers' Row for them the rest of the season.
Colville (4-3) at Lakeside (4-3) Tough call. I based this more on Colville's consistency and Lakeside's lack thereof.
Newport (5-2) at Freeman (5-2) If Freeman wins it really clusters the NEA. Freeman at home with the better tradition. Newport fighting for the NEA #2 seed; which likely becomes theirs with a win.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT