ADVERTISEMENT

1A golf

yeah why even have it..how many teams compete..2 or 3 tops?? The only 1A teams I can even think of having a golf team would be the private schools from Tacoma-Seattle area.. The only reason I see having this is so some rich unathletic kid can claim to be a state champion in something..but is it really a state championship when less than half of the state competes?

who is that? by the way this debate is won by me..look at this forum we are the last 2 people to write on it, and that was 3 or 4 days ago, so see 1A golf shouldn't even be held cause no one cares and no one participates...Seriously though give me some names of schools that are 1A that actaully have a golf team cause I can't think of one and I went to one.

Why is it that in most of the conferences the moronic posters seem to come from Kalama?

1A SCAC Golf Teams: Royal, Wahluke,Warden, Highland, Walla Walla Valley Academy, Goldendale, Zillah. Burbank, Dayton, Riverview, Cle Elum, LaSalle have all fielded teams or players in the league. Granger never has but should. White Swan never has and maybe never will.

CTL schools all have golf teams as do the Spokane region A schools. There are quite a few Private schools on the west side that dominate play both at the district and state levels. That's long been a bone of contention for A level golf.

The reclassification of schools will have an impact on 1A golf, no question--but to say it shouldn't exist is simply incorrect. It has a definite place in the scheme of Spring sports.

Thanks sleuth.. oh and Jordan just to give u a name for a kid who played in 1A, Craig Leslie, won state then transfered up...UCLA signee

I am not doubting that there are good golfers at 1A schools what I am arguing is that not enough schools participate in the 1A level to be considered a state champion. Slueth pointed out all the eastside schools had golf which I was not aware of but he didn't mention that the Sw or the NW doesn't play golf..I don't think they should get rid of it but if they want to call it a state championship then they should include B schools with them like wrestling does and then you enough schools would be participating so that a state championship is warranted.

Ilwaco and North Beach have had teams for several years. Willapa Valley, Raymond and South Bend compete as a combine(Willapa Harbor) during the season and separate for the playoffs. Raymond's QB and Ilwaco's punter are the #1s on their golf teams.
1A and B Boys have separate state tournaments. The girl's 1A and Bs combine.
This post was edited on 10/6 2:06 PM by coastal39if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

The Kettle Falls kid will do well this year,
Lind/Ritzville kid,
Royal kid.
THere is 3 that probably will be in the top 6 next year.

Craig Leslie played 1A when he was a sophomore in high school he won state at Sun Willows in 02' shot 140. He played 4A his senior year. I know this.
This post was edited on 10/24 12:42 PM by studman2007if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

Eli perkins, state champion golfer/ very talented basketball player. Seems athletic to me.

ADVERTISEMENT