ADVERTISEMENT

1A Results?

Bystander13

Mar 16, 2008
From the District 3 Bracket (see link below), it looks like the Dist 1 / Dist 3 combined teams to state are:
#1 - Charles Wright, 2-1 winners over
#2 - Kings, and
#3 - Lynden Christian, and
#4 - Coupeville

Which, according to the WIAA state bracket, means first round games are:
LaCenter vs Charles Wright
Kings vs Overlake
Lynden Christian vs Columbia, and
Coupeville vs Seattle Academy

And that takes care of the top half of the bracket. Any news on the bottom half?

http://www.wcd3.org/b_Soccer.htm

It must be Cashmere vs. Forks (SWW 4 / 1A #2)

So was the Dist 5 playoff outcome
1) Wahluke
2) Highland
3) Connell

and Dist 6/7
1) Brewster
2) Chelan
3) Manson
4) Cashmere

If your matchups are right, that must be how they played out. Can anyone confirm? (I suppose WIAA will update the bracket today, anyway)
This post was edited on 5/18 5:19 AM by Bystander13

I think you have cashmere and brewster mixed up. Highland should be playing the lower seed. It wouldnt make sense to have two number ones playing the first game. Just what I think its supposed to be not 100% sure however

No highland lost in a shootout against connell giving connell the number 1 seed from the scac. We (brewster) won the tri district championship so we got the #1 seed. so its us #1 against highland #2 from the scac... Tomorrows games will be the 3rd meeting in two years between the bears and the scotties.... should be the best game of the first round.....

So how do you figure its going to be a good game? Highland beat you guys 4-2 a few weeks ago, with your two goals coming against the substitutes.

I think Brewster just didn't show up for the last game they had with Highland, and i dont believe they had their full team. I predict Brewster shows up at home and pulls off the upset. Their fans are pretty wild, so Highland better be prepared to enter a very hostile environment, there is no stands there so the fans are all around the field. I really hope the kids can keep their heads in the game and not let the fans get to their head, I would have to agree with the previous poster that is well be the best game in the first round.

Thats my bad I really wasnt expecting to see a loss for highland. I was just giving a win to them before I knew what the actual result was.

We had a tough time getting used to the windy and cold conditions up in highland. the field was much smaller than we are used to... Plus we were missing a key player, we met em last year in the state quarter finals were they had to take us out in pk and we got 9 starters back aslong as them who have most there team back. i agree to this point highland has been the best team in the state but we have victories over wahluke, toppenish,manson, chelan, and cashmere who are all state playoff teams.. we are not that far behind its going to be a close game...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT