ADVERTISEMENT

1A semi and finals predictions?

RSass

Aug 7, 2001
Now that we have the brackets up...

Also, any tough early matchups?

gotta say toughest quarter final match up i have seen on there is garrett mann from orting vs. jake luczynski of cascade leavenworth. state champ vs. runner up.

i have a feeling that Mann is going to find out what 119 is all about. but good match for sure.
This post was edited on 2/12 10:43 PM by R_MAN

This is shaking out to be a great one. I'm also looking at Wardlaw and Fistolera at 145. You know Fistolera better than I do, but he seems to be on par with Wardlaw. The other Quarter here is Stemmer and Villegas and THAT could be a good one as well. I think this may be one of the toughest sides of any bracket...at least the toughest for me to call. I'm thinking there may be some upsets here at 145.

villegas takes it all this year. Has looked great. Beat the kid he lost to last year at state and looks stronger. Just a hunch.

I wish I could go to state. There should be many, many good matches. Of course as a newbie to wrestling, I can't/won't predict much, but I do wish all wrestlers good luck and good sportsmanship. However with my bias of course go Spartans :)

Jake is a very talented wrestler...I agree. I don't think 3rd at Regionals means a darn thing. That was last weekend. Great thing about tournaments.....absolutely anything can happen. I've watched lowest seed at State end up in the finals and I've seen incredibly talented veteran wrestlers fall apart at the Dome.

Jake falls in that "incredibly talented wrestlers fall apart" category. Which is to bad, I was hoping he would go out a champion.

Hey don't misread me here PIN-M, I'm not knockin the guy. I've watched him since he was a youth wrestler and have cheered for him for years. I was just using the same expression you had typed. I genuinely thought he would do better at state but it just didn't work out. He's a great Kid and I wish him the best.

I understand what you are saying and certainly didn't post my remarks in a disrespectful manner either. In fact, I appreciate your opinions as well as others. My concern is that these young men read this and other boards and take alot of posts to heart. I know first hand because I am a father to a talented wrestler myself and have to constantly remind my son that posts as well as rankings are formed by one man's opinion and in no way should dictate his way of thinking. These young men are very impressionable and sometimes I wonder if reading posts out of context may in some way cause them to unnecessarily doubt themselves. That is my only concern. My post was simply to state that there is much more to that particular situation that alot of people are not aware of. Wasn't to shout at you but to inform the readers before forming an "opinion".

It's all good PIN-M, I wish your son well. My oldest will be joining the High School ranks next year and I am already looking forward to following him around. If you were at regionals you might have bought a shirt from me
3dgrin.gif
I get what your saying though. Sometimes the context is hard to interpret from a message board. After re-reading the thread I realize my comments could have been taken the wrong way and Jake and his family "should know" that no disrespect was intended.
This post was edited on 2/22 8:13 PM by Cashmerekidcoach

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT