ADVERTISEMENT

1A State top 8 predictions / Semis Predictions

jt $

Jul 17, 2001
Who has predictions for top 8 placers at each weight? I'll throw in my 2 pennies after I look at the brackets a little more.

What about semi final match predictions?

Let's here it 1A people.

for 285 the semis will most likely be Benson-Royal vs. Thew-Newport/McDonald-Kalama vs. Perez-Mabton

Well before last nights accident with Weston Argo, I would have had him in about 3rd place, but now I guess he is out because of a broken arm.
This post was edited on 2/11 3:22 PM by Zillah_dudeif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

he really broke his arm? i was hoping he would be able to go onto state and break into the top 3, but i guess he cant anymore

That is what I was hopeing to, but the word last night when the wrestlers returned from the events, was that he had broke it and was taken to a hospital. It was also said that if it was a certain bone that broke in a certain way, then it could just be braced and he would be allowed to wrestle, but I think it sure will effect the way he plays at state. I had him at leaste in the top three if not better, so hopefully we get that certain break and he is allowed to wrestle.

Here are my final predictions (Just predictions so no getting all butt-hurt)

103: Ryan Nordstat (Lakeside) vs. Drew Hall (Colfax)
112: Jacob Lauderdale (Lakeside) vs. Daniel Swain (Newport) These 2 couldn't be any closer.
125: Tony Farrington vs. Arturo Barajas (Royal)
130: Eric Moody (Newport) vs. Jeff Fetter(Orting)
135: Prince (Orting) vs. Brent Evans (Cashmere)
140: Jon Thompson (Orting) vs. Jason Caryl (Omak)
152: Wes McAdams (Lakeside) vs. Justin Eastman (Roch.)
189: Reid Chivers (Lakeside) vs. Tate Collins (Chelan)
285: Sean McDonald (Kalama) vs. Brad Thew (Newport)

Weights such as 119, 145, 160, 171, and 215 I'm not sure so about so I won't go making any bizaare predictions.. These seem decently close to how the finals COULD shape up.

Good predictions, however, at 140 Thompson and Caryl are on the same side of the bracket. It will be Villegas vs. Thompson, in a rematch of a 3-2 Tri-State battle. My money is on Villegas.

ahh slipped my mind. 140 championship will be well deserving no matter; very tough weight class

Yeah definately a tough one. Looking forward to seeing how it pans out this weekend.

I think Gateman will be beat Barajas in the quarters. If so the finals match between Farrington and Gateman will be fun to watch.

I have Sicking and Barajas in the finals at State for 125. I also think Bowman will be in the finals, not sure who with though.

125- doubtful sicking will beat farrington....
gateman will beat barajas.

What are you talking about? Correct me if I am wrong but Gage Schmidt is the varsity 135 for Chelan and although he is very good he probably has another year before his first state title.

im perty sure baldwin wont make it. but who knows maby he can get lucky.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT