ADVERTISEMENT

1A West Regional

coastal39

Jul 29, 2001
The brackets for the 1A West Side Regional (Districts 1,2,3& 4) are now up at www.sww1A.com. The link is at the top of the page. The subdistrict results are below it.

Any thoughts on the brackets or draws? Or who wants to throw out some predictions or top 6 at each weight?

(285)
McDonald(Kalama) was beat by Combs(Montesano)? Does anyone know how this match went... was it by pin or points.... just any info?

they haven't wrestled each other this season to the best of my knowledge.

jt$, I'd be interested in your views...since your an ol' timer now and must therefore be given the mantle of Pundit...like Bikerman and the Predictor before you. You know you've got the goods...

I've not seen any of the kids from down south this year...only Nisqually league duels and The Rock.

So ya going to give it up?

i have seen a lot of the south schools so i can answer any questions you might have but my lack of knowledge of your league up there would only mean that my predictions would be skewed. and i can't lie... i have a vested interest in a couple of schools that will be competing down in castle rock this friday and saturday. so go ahead and shoot any questions my way but a top 6 prediction list isn't likely... but maybe a list of "ones to watch" could be a possibility.

I'll take what I can get. I'm not going to be able to make it down this weekend, so I'm going to have to rely on your good judgement.

Here's what I've seen so far.

Orting is putting out some tough kids - especially Meeks, Mann, Fetter, Sowards, Maris and Thompson - and there's additionally a good number of young kids that have a chance to qualify on through regions. They could be in the running if things fall their way at state...though I'd still have to look to that school north of Spokane...and nine miles from somewhere...as my favorite.

It will be interesting how the Regional battle shakes out with Orting and Castle Rock. It'll likely come down to how many score from each team (quantity vs. titles). Mann vs. Adams and Fetter vs. Daggy are potentially the two finals matchups between the schools. Again I've not seen the kids from the south, but Mann may be the best at his weight and I see Fetter in the 140 finals in the Dome against Kyle Johnson. {Hold on...Johnson is at 135}

Vashon - is a great place to live...I understand they have a wrestling team.

Cascade Christian - Ide, Velling and Warren are the three here, but they have a bunch of kids going to regionals. I've no clue on how many of those advance through to state.

Didn't see Meridian, but they have a 130 in Oliphant that won at Tri-Districts.

All in all, there could be some surprises and probably a few future State Champs coming down south this Friday and Saturday.

This post was edited on 2/4 11:09 PM by RSass

Ok thanks for the tri district info! I have heard similar echoes of the same stuff you just posted, especially all the critical information about that gang of hooligans they call the pirates from vashon. except I have heard that they have produced some FIERCE competition in the mustache division. is this true? Lord help us all.

1A west regional tournament "ones to watch" coming soon.

Thanks jt$.

The mustache division was HUGE on the Island. We were looking to have an exchange program with Oooozbekistan, but I think everyone got kind of knocked off the idea when the whole Borat thing came out.

So things change...Now it looks like it's the "Hair Club for Men-aka the Steamboats" "the D-Train Dominators", "Don't eat farmed fisherman", "The Slamin' Sammies", "Attack of rope swinging Scissor Hands", "Masta Quang's School for Cardio", "the invisible bike riders from planet J", "G-Webb tanglers", "K-Mart Specials" and "Rodge...just Rodge" are the FIERCEST island factions competing for the "Are you experienced?" crown.

On the girl’s side, Miss "Mad-Dog", Miss "Karate" and Miss "Lizzard" are tearing it up with style, flash, savvy and serious tie-dye skills.

apparently....

Note to self...I’ve got to get this year’s t-shirt.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT