ADVERTISEMENT

2007-2010 championship sites

coastal39

Jul 29, 2001
1B-2B- Spokane
1A-2A- Bellingham

3A-4A- 2007 and 2008- Pasco- 2008 and 2009- Tacoma

Track and field. It was in the Longview Daily News and the info came from another paper. The decision(s) were made last week regarding T & F and other sports.

Having the 1A and the 2A in Bellingham is such a dumb idea...It's perfect out here at EWU. Sure the stupid bleachers that football just had to have though they rarely fill them are in the way, but I run on our track all the time, and just the thought of coming around that corner during like the 200/400/4x400, that would such a rush. Come around something where you really can't see anything, to all the sudden there's that entire crowd going crazy that's awesome. I just think the boards made a bad decision taking away the state championships from EWU. Especially when it's ran so well every year, that's the biggest thing I would be worried about, how well a new place would run the meet after a place that ran it almost to perfection. But we'll just have to wait and see.

As a retired offical of 25 yrs working @ the State Meet, I agree with you about the stands, it was stupid thing to do. It was hard enough with the three classifications but with four it would have been just overwelming. What you would be looking @ is eight track meets going on @ the same time which would take @ least 3-1/2 days. After you think about 16 athletics per each event times 8 not counting the relays you can see the problem.

I thank you for the complement on how the meet was handled. Last yr. was the first yr. that I have been able to watch the meet.

ADVERTISEMENT