ADVERTISEMENT

2008 Lasalle Girls Basketball

Burrr

Feb 26, 2003
Lasalle, off of a 8=0 summer league AAU league which include wins over Ellensburg, West Valley, Ike, Selah ect...went six and 0 in the fall league beating the likes of Kennewick Richland, Hanford, Ike, Southridge.....Great job and experience for the girls...should help them prepare for a busy season..

That is probably why they will be favorites this year to take the gold ball back in the spring
smilie2.gif

I saw them this summer at the Zillah Tournament. I actually watched them play Ellensburg...Ellensburg won the Zillah Tournament. They went undefeated and crushed everyone there. Including Lasalle, a depleated Colfax team, and the tournament hosts to win the tournament. (NO one was even close to Ellensburg.) What AAU Summer League are you referring to?

HOOP>>you are dreaming...Ellensburg played the depleted Lasalle team missing three starters.....check out when they played with both teams at full strenght.....ieaau.org...look under history and go to 2007 summmer league in July....Lasalle beat them sixty nine to sixty seven...Ellensburg is good and if the two played ten times...I think it would be about even

Here you go.....http://ieaau.org/yakimaleague/2007/summer/vgirls.pdf
This post was edited on 10/16 8:30 PM by Burrr
This post was edited on 1/9 10:43 PM by Burrr

Sorry to let you know, but Jasmin was Zillah--unless of course they are using the cloning process in Yakima. I wasn't at the AAU tournament. You must have been...so you can report on what you saw.

Based on your reporting, Wapato and Selah must be contenders this year. If Ellensburg, at full strength, can only squeak out a 2 point win over Lasalle, Wapato's 8 point loss (46-38) and Selah's 6 point loss (52-46)will have a lot of people in the valley excited about girls basketball.

Hoop...Jasmine wasn't in Zillah on Saturday...She had a different committment somewhere-I think Spokane if I remember right....Selah is very much improved and will be very close to East Valley in their league...Ellensburg was the next best team locally to Lasalle I saw all summer...they are very athletic-not skilled as deep as Lasalle with limited number of players able to handle the ball...To Beat Ellensburg, you have to have someone tall enough to take away the three from Standish on the perimeter and the ability to take away the drive to the right she has...the other girls are great support but they are about one guard away from being a state finalist contender in my book...I could be wrong....Selah has good inside size and play to go with the guard play....they are good and East Valley is very skilled but not as athletic or deep as in the past...Wapato--best team they have had in 4-5 years...play tough , good speed but lacking in Height and depth...they will be very much improved over a couple of years ago...they played Lasalle at Zillah int.--the old gym that is very small-this neutralized alot of Lasalle's ability to get fast break points...

Thanks for the update. It sounds like we should be able to find some great basketball throughout the valley this winter.

Addicted to the Game...

NORTHWEST CHRISTIAN ...

NWC is coming on strong, start 4 Sophs and 1 Frosh, THEY ARE LOADED.

LaSalle just beat Bickelton last night 70-3.... I mean... c'mon.... doesn't LaSalle have a few scrubs to put in to let Bickelton get to 10 points?

12 foot --maybe they should play a "quality " opponent like the one that lost to Brewster today!

Burr, If you hang on to the hatred of Colfax too much longer, you'll have a heart attack, especially if Col-pul is right and your a big fella. It's just not worth it dude, let it go... It's obvious your sitting and waiting for a Colfax blunder to let the world now how good you are and how bad Col-Pul and Colfax are. Pharisees did this too...

If you played Colfax again, even without seeing the mighty Lasalle girls team, I'd bet you a cool grand Colfax would beat you.

...AND.... it's 24 foot... you and your little kid comebacks...

I'd hate to be your daughter, who may be a stud, having to listen to you spout at night, teaching her this hatred of others, only to have her fail miserably one day and you are the one to blame.

You are the one who has to live with it...

They may be the favorites but they played a uninspired game this evening against Riverside Chr....They will need to understand roles and not overlook opponents if they hope to have a chance....they do have the potential though!

Holy Schmoly Burr... if you only knew... let's just say I'm retired at 33 because of athletic work I have done for the past 10 years.

May the force be with you, leave your daughter out of your spewing.

24...my daughter has never been brought up by me...Money..likes to hide behind his moniker and make weak little comments about my relationship without saying who he is...I'm in the process of tracking him down..and then we will comment on his family in public..that will be fun.....as for your athletic success...Congratulations...I enjoy sports and would not have ever been confrontational if Cull hadn't come on the B site and made inference to how all the B's should be scared thru his use of the Jaws...sound.....at that point, all I said is why should we be scared...Colfax lost to Lasalle last year....and that started it all with how the game didn't mean anything and others saying it was the refs....I thought it was because of a lack of depth at guard after Jordan -but that got them all fired up because they didn't want to hear an opinion that didn't agree with their in town one....anyway, Congratulations on your Brewster success...I definetly can respect the work that has obviously has been done in that town..(I don't really have anything but respect for Colfax either...just a problem with a person who makes comments and rascist/sexual connontative remarks that lives there)

Burr, most of this for me is supposed to be fun, but it's getting to the point now where it's low blow here, protect your coach there, pop-offs here... I'm coming to the conclusion that it's just not worth it.

I know I can get worked up listening to some of the stuff in here, especially when it's about our coach from some kid's parents who wasn't/isn't good enough to play. You can see them just waiting for us to lose so they can say "See, I told you he's mean and yells at the girls." Or "If my daughter was playing.." They don't see the fact that she turns the ball over every other time down the court, or won't block out or play defense. But she'll make 3 long shots in the JV game and she should play every minute in the varsity game.

I think you are probably a good dude, just angry at a few things... I'll give you some advice and take it myself... don't let it get to you, it's not worth it.

Colfax, Freeman, Brewster, LaSalle, Chelan, Lynden Christian... all good teams, all small schools...

Hatchet buried.

24 ft...I too am doing this mostly for fun...I agree with everything you have said....

I don't have any hatred for Colfax...I don't have much respect for a person that makes Rascist comments and belittles another group of people or schools....as for your money...I think you probably might want to rethink that statement....at least for right now!

Look you having the same body fat index as Rev. Al Sharpton doesn't make you the decider of who is and who isn't racist. I don't think you're a Hispanic only that English doesn't seem to be your first language and you pick fruit to help pay for your crack habit. You seem to be the one whose equating those things to a given race Ms Kluxer. I don't know which country you originated from but because of your thinking soccer is fun to watch, incessant whining, how everything is about you (including your daughters career) and the dust gathered on the new bar of soap you're most likely French.

And again, you didn't just say that after Jordan Colfax didn't have a ball handler, you DID say that Colfax was weak at the guard position, that all the players coming up weren't any good and that the only reason Colfax has won any championships is that 1A guards didn't know how to play good defense and specifically that Naches' guards weren't good defenders.

Now if you think that little quip above, to which I also answered with a self deprecating if sarcastic response, is what put the burrr in you Durrr all I can say is your dad must have missed a lot of dance recitals to give you such low self-esteem that you live so totally through your daughter and take such easy offense.

Now y'all keep referring to Burrrdie 'him', 'he', 'his' when his picture in the thong posted on his MySpace account clearly shows it must be a woman. Granted the roll of dimes she's carrying for the vending machine might confuse some but look closer and then tell me she hasn't weened a littler or two.
This post was edited on 1/23 12:36 PM by col-pul

LaSalle Booster puts the 'burrr' in the shivers.

Burrr is a great guy who has a passion for not only his kids but for sports as well. Just my opinion, but if we had more parents like him we would be living in a better place! I have read many posts by you and others that have made comments about him that are not good, yes I know he does to, but they are in good natured fun.
Col-Pul it will be interesting next year if Colfax is in District 9 and the four 2B teams from the Columbia gorge are invited in as well. Could pose for some fun nights when the teams play against each other.

Burrr see you tomorrow night!

Since when does cutting down other teams and lying constitute good fun? Look at the thread above, does that sound like she was just having fun with it? After she got the last word she could have dropped her foolishness right then and there but noooooo she had to come over to the 1A/2A board and pop off. Hey, she started it and at every turn escalated and I'm just having fun with it. Her taking it so far has only allowed me to take it this far. At any point she could end it simply by stopping her weak arsed assaults on 1A, Colfax and me. I have no idea if Burrdie is or isn't a good gal in the real world, might well be, but her ignorant posts like no one in 1A having good guards is manna of material for a smart arse like me.

Now on the web I think the B guys have let her get away with her silliness and bully stuff and it isn't my fault they didn't teach her any manners. I know she's harmless and not really able to defend herself but I just can't help slapping her in the back of the head when she walks by. Call it "Tough Love for 'Tards". Hey I like that, TLT, that's what it is TLT.

But to an actual basketball point....

Colfax is already set in the Bi-County for next season and that's about as tough a basketball (or any sport really) league as you'd want. With Lind-Ritzville, Reardan, Davenport and Northwest Christian then St. George at districts not to mention the one or two additional teams every year that seem to pop up with a quality team. (this year Springdale and who'd of thunk that?) Add Colfax to that mix and I think the state berths will be well tested most every year.

Not that you central state folks have an easy pass by any stretch.

First off she is a he and have you met him yet? You will actually see a big difference. We had run-ins with this last year before we met, and they have been put aside. And actually on the B web if things like this get out of hand we have GOOD moderators that kill the post. Sorry this site has gone down drastically in the last year! I read it so I can follow my alma mater when they play, and unfortunately can't post about them because they have not allowed me to post in the 1A/2A forum because I have not be granted permission and it is going on three months that the request has been in. I guess people don't read email anymore.
I think it would be nice to be able to join district 9 for sports next year, it sure beats the heck out of a 4 team league.
I guess than that Burrr must feel the same about you and wanting to slap you in the back of the head as well.
smilie1.gif

No doubt, but I didn't mean literally slap her on the back of the head(a 'kick me' sign on her back maybe, but actual assault? Not over stupid posts on a high school board). Now I'll also agree with you that since Mike's untimely passing the site has gone down hill and little if any attention is being paid to anything below 3A. I would how ever note that while Mike would have kept things in bounds he wouldn't have killed the threads I don't believe. And if anyone knew where the line was and how to get a post deleted it was me.

I'm not sure why you can't post on the 1A/2A board, if you're registered on this board then you're registered on the site and should be able to post on any of the boards except the premium boards.

Now don't go taken Burrrdie and me too seriously. If she's (and it might be her hormone therapy that's throwing you off) anything like me this is just fun and games. I hold no personal animosity towards Burrrdie but again I don't confuse someone's Internet persona with who they are in the real world. You'd be surprised if you ever met me, I'm very little like my col-pul character with maybe the exception of a true love of basketball.

Now if you've read a while on here then you know that col-pul doesn't just go after folks, doesn't make excuses for my teams, don't blame refs... all of which Burrrdie has accused me. That's fine, when she jumps into a post with it I get the chance to play and oh how I love to run wild and free through the warm green fields of the Internet chasing butterflies and Burrrdies....

Culllled...for a small town know it all --you sure make me laugh....I have only said that Colfax lacks depth at guard...they still do---Jordan is great....this an opinion of people in your own town as well as coaches....I will check you out with some friends of mine up that way!--You make this fun-I enjoy the interaction!....Naches, White Swan, Zillah, Highlnd--I have coached against and watched these teams numerous times over the last ten years...I think I know them better than some Palouse know it all....The Naches girls are very good offensive Players-very athletic-just didn't have about four of them to be able to maximize things...I'm sure with your worldliness-you knew this though....as for your bicounty get together..your boys will find competition --the girls teams have been lacking for a couple of seasons but had a great run-as you are probably aware-a few years back.....your dropoff should do just fine in this new league---
This post was edited on 1/25 8:27 AM by Burrr

Phil...thanks for writing...this guy was going around smarting off(can you believe that>?) and I thought I would have some fun doing the same....he is great and very reactive...I love it!
This post was edited on 1/25 8:25 AM by Burrr

No problem Burrr, just having some fun as well. Hurry down tomorrow or all the spuds will be gone
smilie2.gif

I hear they will be lining up at the door right after school to get them while they are hot. For an extra $5 you can stay for the Black Light Bubble dance, I will vouch for you at the Door
3dgrin.gif

24--little if anything...I believe there was a comment when you said something of the nature of if a game took place again-you would bet $$$$ on the outcome...I simply stated that you should keep your money....You aren't suppossed to be betting on high school sports...

2009 Colfax Basketball

I don't know, on the girls side this season NWC looks pretty tough and St. George will be a load at districts. Lind-Ritzville isn't what they've been the last couple of years but that is still a strong program. When they were up in the NEA for a couple of years they looked to have a pretty good system and program. I'd expect that with in the next few year they'll be again on the up swing. This year the league may not be as deep as its been historically but I think this is a valley and they'll cycle out of it before too many season pass. Anyway, I'm not sure of any drop off. Those that have been up to 1A in the past were very competitive while there. Volleyball might be the only sport where the Girls are anything close to "dominate" and will maybe win more than their share. In basketball I think they'll do fine but I don't expect them to be like Kings the last few years in the CC either (though Kings isn't what its been this season).

But you're 100% right that the boys side is going to be a rough ride in a few sports. Basketball, Football and baseball all look tough. In fact over the last five years I think no matter how you quantify it the Bi-County has been a tougher league than the NEA. Compare champions, top half or overall and the Bi-County is just better at Football and boys basketball than the NEA.

I still would call the Naches girls from '05-07 top shelf defenders. Very quick and aggressive and very good forcing offenses to set up outside their comfort zone. Now offenses could attack that and their height (or lack there of) but you can attack any aggressive defense. Not saying its easy but for a defense to gain something they have to give something.

Now I have no problem with you saying that LaSalle would have some match up advantages against Colfax, that the best place to attack Colfax is at their guards or even that you don't believe Colfax has a lot of depth at guard. I might disagree but a free country and good discussions don't bother me. My issue was your saying that Colfax has been weak at guard and the only reason they've won five out of the last six championships was that no one in 1A had guards that could take advantage of Colfax's weak guard play which can only mean there aren't any teams with good guards in 1A. To begin with two of those five Colfax championship teams featured fantastic guards that ran the best press I've seen in all of small school ball bar none and one of those championship teams talent wise had no business in a championship game but for guts, guile and amazing focus (much less to have beaten that Freeman team which was one of the best 1A teams I've seen and probably the best 1A team to not win the championship). Now the last two teams have had outstanding forwards and that has been their strength. That I don't think makes their guards weak. You could argue that they don't always have the best guards on a given floor but again that doesn't make their guards weak. They seem to beat presses, cause enough turnovers and do what the need to do well enough when they need to. I mean last year they did have to go through Lynden Christian and Kings for the Golden Ball and that ain't a nothing.

As for nothing coming up... well you, your Colfax contacts and all the salivating coaches you've been talking to might be right... tell ya what though we'll see how the next two years' freshmen look. Right now they look to me like two of the better classes to come through in a while. But hey what do I know right...

Re: 2009 Colfax Basketball

Good post....I think the guard play at Colfax is great--not deep.....that is all I've ever stated......I also think that few teams have enough guards to take advantage of that.....I think Colfax has had some of the best bigs around over the last few years and I think that your success in Colfax is a result of that....I also enjoy getting you riled up!

Don't get too excited, I don't really get riled up over a message board and col... well he isn't real, just a character I play on the Internet. But I do get a lot of enjoyment out of playing him, the inner smart arse I'm not in the real world I guess.

But good luck to LaSalle, I hope NWC end up on different sides of the bracket this year as I think those will be the two finalist. Not an expert on Bs but NWC looked pretty strong against LR earlier this month. I haven't seen St. George and the Panorama League (my old stomping grounds) isn't that strong but I hear they're a very talented team as well. Should be between those two for the #1 out of district.

I don't know much about NWC but I have seen St. George ....I think the four favorites for the B crown this year are White Pass, Napavine, Lasalle and probably Shoreline Chr or Liberty Bell in Winthrop......I've been told that St. George and NWC are probably a year out but anything can happen as you are well aware....

Burr, I never said anything negative about your daughter. Never would. She was mentioned at the top of this very thread back in October. And not by me.

Track me down if you must, and if you can. I don't care. You will find I am irrelevant when it comes to Zillah basketball, as I don't have a kid in the program, nor do I coach, nor do I ref, nor am I the statkeeper or the towel boy. As with small town sports I have had, do have, and will have either family or close friends on alot of the teams.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT