ADVERTISEMENT

2A GSHL

HockSports

Jun 5, 2007
1st place Woodland BARELY knocked off 3rd place Hockinson tonight, 47-44. Ridgefield beat Mark Morris 53-45. Still awaiting word on the Washougal game. Doesn't matter though. MM's loss tonight gave the Panthers the last playoff spot. Washougal has the advantage seeing as they beat the Monarchs twice this season so even if the Panthers lost tonight they have the advantage.

Here are the finals seeds for the 2A GSHL for Girls going into the playoffs.

1. Woodland
2. Ridgefield
3. Hockinson
4. Washougal

After knocking off Aberdeen tonight in a very close and exciting game Chehalis will be the Evco's representative in the pigtail game.

Sounds like it might be a rough year for the bulk of the GSHL this year, if not all. Woodland, the #1 team from the GSHL, lost to Ridgefield during the season for their only loss, but also had trouble fighting off the lesser opponents. Hockinson is a depleted team from last year and GSHL's #3 seed. They lost to Woodland by 11 in the first meeting and by 3 in the second meeting. I fear the GSHL might be pretty weak overall and I think they'll have trouble in the District Tourney. We'll see, though, I guess. I just know that the EVCO is pretty strong with Elma and River Ridge atop them. I doubt anybody will touch them until those two meet each other.

Don't really know a whole lot on the girls basketball side of things especially down south but just the way River Ridge and Elma have played this year, barring any monumental upsets, I think we should see them playing each other for the district title. I'm usually one to agree with "It's not over till its over" but I have to think that really teams are playing for the remaining spots. But I guess it will be worth watching because who knows.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT