ADVERTISEMENT

A look forward to the 2A Playoffs

M23

Mar 31, 2008
The defending 2A state champions are strutting into the playoffs like they do every year. Slipping at the end of the regular season, and losing the league title to their arch rival. But this year seems different. In the first two games of the series ATM(15-2 in league) has beaten Cedarcrest(15-2 in league) 28-7. And heading into the final game, this friday at Archbishop, Cedarcrest may lose their share of the conference title.

But ask me if I'm worried...I'm not. Cedarcrest has never won an outright league title. In fact, out of the last three years Cedarcrest has finished 5th, 2nd, and 2nd in league standings respectively. They have gone on to place 3rd in the state tourney in 2007 and 2008 and won it all last year.

But again, this year seems different. Archbishop isn't showing many, if any, weaknesses and is out for blood since exiting early in the state tourney these past few years. I also don't see W.F. West being stopped anytime soon with the roster they have. And you cannot ever count out the tradition and great coaching at Sehome.

But come May, no one can be counted out of the state tourney. This is baseball, high school baseball. Filled with emotion and passion for the game. Anything can happen.

So ask me if I'm worried about the defending champions recent slide.. the answer is no. But Archbisop is no joke, W.F. West is no joke, in truth no team in the postseason can be taken as a joke. We watch this game because of its unpredictability. Every year a book is written, filled with cinderella stories, great players, and memories that will last a lifetime. It's almost playoff time and I can't wait for this years story to be written!

good points M23 this is high school baseball and anything can happen cedarcrest is still going to be a team to contend with in districts and even regionals. your absolutley right about archbishop going for blood we have nine seniors and we only have 8 games left in our high school careers were not going down easy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT