ADVERTISEMENT

2A Tourney Predictions

HockSports

Jun 5, 2007
What are your predictions for the first round games? And why if possible?

Centralia vs Cedarcrest
Kingston vs Archbishop Murphy
Cheney vs Othello
Ellensburg vs Pullman
Sehome vs Selah
Sequim vs River Ridge
Hockinson vs Burlington-Edison
W.F. West vs Klahowya
This post was edited on 5/18 7:53 PM by HockSports

Cedarcrest
Murphy
Othello
Ellensburg
Selah
River Ridge
Burlington
Chehalis

Final 4:
Murphy
Ellensburg
Selah
Chehalis

That would be an outstanding final 4. Although there seems to be a team that people say, "How did they get in?" My sleepers... Burlington & Pullman.

Yeah Ballzerini, I know what ya mean, but ya know -- Eburg played Selah 3 times and lost all three games by a total of 6 runs. I'm really interested in seeing how the other teams from around the state compete against the CWAC (and vice versa). It's gonna be a great weekend of baseball.

A second round matchup between Cedarcrest and Archbishop would be a great one. If they both get through the first round without using their Aces, we could be seeing Travis Cook vs Ty Kane which would be an amazing pitching duel. I agree with ATM in the final four but I am definitly gonna be up at Joe Martin for that one

I would too if they werent playing Selah in the first round...They are a different team and have the toughest road to the title of just about anybody

Can anyone give me the rundown on Burlington-Edison? How good, stars of the team, who's their ace, how fast does he throw, etc? Rather curious as I'll be hitting up the Hock-BE game this weekend.

burlington is more of an offensive team. lot of leftied in their lineup. ian capron is their most consistent player. he is also their ace in my opinion, throws probably mid-80's with a fastball that moves up and in. again they have three or 4 big lefties who hit for power, watch out for tyler mcloed. he takes the biggest swing i have ever seen, and can the potential to hit a homer at any time. but he will also miss a lot of pitches. their catcher, dylan boe is also good, and he took travis cook yard on the first pitch of the game against them. this teams defense is okay, and there pitching is okay, but these guys can usually swing the stick. hope thats what your looking for

Thanks, that is extremely helpful. I appreciate it. Now I've got a heads up on what I'm gonna see this weekend.

no problem. o and watch out for there jail pants. dark blue with white pinstripes...little sketchy

I saw those on their website. Wow.. Maybe it's strategic, perhaps it distracts the opponents? ;)

What's the scoop on Cheney and Pullman? How will Othello and E'burg stack up?

yeah Burlington Edison's lead off hitter had two first inning home runs; one off Cook and another off Sehome so he's pretty legit. they can't really handle the offspeed that well but they can hammer the fastball. And about their pants, all i can say is that i think they're trying to copy Sehome by wearing those ridiculous things. But i think you guys can handle em hock, they like to throw pitchers with offspeed too. but how is Centralia Hock i know you guys played em in districts.

They really didn't hit amazingly, but they had a couple guys who could really hit. Their pitching is pretty deep, they pitched three guys against us and all three pitched pretty well, Hawks got very few hits other than in the first inning and a couple later. Just a solid group of athletes but Centralia is beatable. Pretty though though, and they played in a decently tough league. Against a reaal fast a pitcher I'm not sure how they'll do. Hard to say there.

My Final: Cedarcrest vs. Selah (Rematch of 2007 semis)
My 3rd and 4th: WF West stomps Othello

The Final is too good of a matchup to choose a winner!!! We will have to wait and see how things really shake out.

once again everyone under estimates Othello!! othello is a legit team and soon you guys will all see!!

CWAC with 2 of the final four, no surprise there. Gotta a good hunch everyone will throw their ace in game 1, which puts Cedarcrest a hair above Othello, Selah with Fife will take care of business. Windsor is as good a #2 as they get, so then I like Selah to take it. Othello in an easy no brainer over Chehalis for 3rd!!!

hey anybody know anything about Othello, pitchers, hitters, etc.?
This post was edited on 5/23 11:25 PM by csp19

Gotta give othello credit, they are a pretty decent ball club and can swing it a little bit, but so can the three other teams in the final four, just give credit where credit is do, and congratulate all the teams who made it this far, I bet we see some damn good teams go at this weekend and good luck, the better team will prove themselves soon!!!

from what i saw this weekend, othello has some pretty good pitching, i saw three different guys and all three threw pretty good.....and there hitting, WOW they can swing the sticks, Mark Garza, one of their pitchers, hit two home runs at Davis High, one over dead center 400ft, and the other a grand slam over right center 370ft!!!! Othello had a few others hit the fences, good swinging ball club.... i wouldn't count them out so fast, remember, they also beat Selah last week!!!!

ya othello is good, nobody is counting them out. they will run into a good pitcher in cook on friday, possibly one of the best pitchers in the state so we will see, its going to be an exciting weekend.

Yeah cook is pretty damn good, and if he gets into any trouble which i hope doesn't happen, Bishop and Padron can still come in and get the job done, all three of these pitchers have done well in the playoffs this year.

"..and if he gets into any trouble which i hope doesn't happen, Bishop and Padron can still come in and get the job done.."

Has Cook gotten himself in some kind of trouble? Like with the school?

no cook's not in trouble... he means if some chance cook is getting hit well there is 3 more pitchers that could come in for ceadarcrest and shut the door.

I think WF west vs Selah should be a great game. If Selah throws fife i think they should win. Othello is coming on strong as well so that could be an interesting matchup as well. If cook pitches, that team has a great chance. This year should see some things that haven't happened in years. Cedarcrest could finally get the monkey off its back and make it to the championship. Selah goes get the monkey off its back and finally win a state title. Good luck to everyone this week.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT