ADVERTISEMENT

3A SPSL Baseball Pitching and Hitting

Jan 18, 2007
Anyone have some scouting on pitching and hitting around the league besides on auburn? I've played 4 games against them in the past two years and there studs are pretty obvious. I'm hearing stuff about a bonney lake and middle infield and franklin pierce pitching. Auburn Riverside has two descent pitchers but no hitting.

Bonney Lake will be solid and compete. Obviously they didn't graduate anything last year. Prescott is good, Montplaisur is a hitter and a ballplayer. Their catching was adequate. Franklin Pierce has a good hitting catcher, will hit as a team well and has good front line pitching. You want to get deep into their pitch counts. White River is young still but will compete hard under Williams. I agree with your Riverside comment so far but look for their average pitchers to make fewer mistakes with the new pithing coach they have, the guy who used to be the pitching coach at Mt. Rainier who was 4th in state last year.

Does bonney lake have the solid batting order like auburn tho? It didnt look like they had any big swingers on the team just good pitching staff
How did franklin pierce do last year? I cant find out how many players they lost either. I dont think white river will compete at all to be honest. They have two players on there that make an impact and everyone else is just filler on the team. I dont think they can compete with the competition that was brought down to 3A

Well, here's what I know...

BL has a good order. They don't quite have the order that Auburn does, though. Kuykendall is an electric ballplayer. He makes game changing plays. Montplaisir has a perfect swing, in many ways. A very pure hitter. Supporting cast is above average... not "deadly", but very deep in solid players. I would guess that a multitude of guys will step up game to game. The depth makes their lineup good, rather than 4 or 5 guys who really light it up.

FP isn't losing many guys at all. They've got some real good players, too. They'll hit the ball.

I would tend to agree with you about White River. SOme good players.. it seems like they might lack depth a bit.

If I had to pick a team outside of Auburn, BL & FP... I'd probably have to look at Riverside or maybe Enumclaw. Sumner will be better. White River won't be bad. Mountainview is a bit of a question mark. It'll be a good league.

everyone is beating up on everyone. Auburn lost to BL but BL lost to Riverside. Riverside lost to enumclaw but enumclaw lost to BL. Looking at the box scores for these four teams, I think its easy to say that the top 4 spots in the league are pretty much set. Whoever said White River would do good is getting slapped in the face for it now. And looking ahead for crossover playoff games, their is no compitition on the other side. Auburn and Bonney Lake will run away with their first few playoff games, and i want to say that Riverside and Enumclaw can do the same

Bonney Lake lost to riverside 7-0. BL's #2 was on the mound. If everyone says riverside can't hit then doesn't that mean when it comes playoff time for BL after they throw their stud the first game who can they count on the second game?

riverside has a good batting line up.. if they didnt they wouldnt have beat BL 7-0.. riverside is kinda sneakin it to the top part of the league when people under estimated them to be decent.

AR top two pitchers are doing pretty well thus far. they have been staying in til the last few innings and showing no sign of giving up on the intesity. they havent been using pitchers deeper into the pitching rotation because RenneR and post are getting their job done...

AR...vs...FP tuesday april 17th .... this game will be close

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT