ADVERTISEMENT

4A: Some props probably should be...

Wolfreak

Jul 13, 2001
...posted here---

Woodinville: for a 27-0 season and a well-deserved title! You are amazing. (as is Kingco, for their second state championship in a row).

Prairie: Most people thought you wouldn't go far, but you did. Runner-up is nothing to sniff at. You've been there three times in the last five years. An amazing program down there in Clark County!

Wilson: The always-exciting Rams only loss at state was to Woodinville. Wish them well in their search for coach (and Pulley rocks!).

North Kitsap: The Team That Wasn't Supposed To Be There, well... you were, and you exceeded every expectation (venturing out of districts and going 2-2 at state).

Honorable mention: Skyview, Shadle Park

Right on Wolfreak, Woodinville was not going to be denied and I am glad they were rewarded for their hard work with a first place finish. Prairie really did surprise me this year. And the bad news is that they are losing the last of the Woodward family pitchers and their longtime coach, Al Aldridge. Skyview will be back next year but I don't think the same can be said of Prairie.

Don't count Prairie out yet

Prairie's 3rd baseman is a great pitcher. She hasn't seen the mound for her Highschool team but has done extremely well for her summer team (Vancouver Power).

ADVERTISEMENT