ADVERTISEMENT

5th year for Fuller?????

JAFO1489

Dec 21, 2005
Word on the street, and on myspace, is that Mount Rainiers Bruce Fuller is looking to get a 5th year because of his knee. Does anyone have any info on this? I don't see how it's possible being that he played in 17 games last year including district and state. Sorry if it's gonna take 5 years to graduate high school or if he didn't quite have the senior season he wanted.... Tough break... But if the WIAA lets this one go who else is going to opt for a 5th year? Steven Gray???

It isn't because of his knee. He will appeal for a 5th year because of circumstances beyond his control his freshman year in high school that did not allow him to participate.

Oh what a tangled web we weave.... Let me guess. We're now defining accademic issues as "situations beyond his control". It's nice to have such a clear answer to the question. Maybe someone could answer this one... What classes will he be taking in his 5th year? Either A), he has completed his core classes and will be filling up on all the P.E. and T.A. credits he can get, or B) he still has enough courses to pass to make this a viable option. If the first one is true, then MR is clearly using a kid for his athletic tallent alone, only to cast him aside when he figures out that at the college level he's neither the 2 that he wants to be, nor the 3 that he needs to be. If the second is true, how has he maintained his eligiblity to this point without sufficient credits to graduate in 4 years? Kinda makes you scratch your head. Why don't they just waive good bye? Or better yet, hand him off to some nice community college coach who can try to get him to do his work in the class room. To get a 5th year for the kid would be a dis-service to him. Having said all that.... I'm sure WIAA will approve the 5th year. Have a great season Bruce!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT