2. Lacrosse/Washtucna
3. Moses Lake Christian
4. Northport
5. Odessa
6. Klickitat
7. Sunnyside Christian
8. Entiat
9. Lopez Island

WOW! Not sure who is doing the rankings but they are all wrong for 1A. Connell lost to Riverview last week and Ki-Be lost to Riverview also. Both in 3 games. Where is Riverview? They only lost one senior from last year. Come on now, someone needs to re-look at these.

RVMom, coaches coaches and coaches....they create the rankings and they coach the matches. Your frustration can be directed at fellow 1A coaches.

I would think also at this time of the year that a lot of people (coaches)are ranking off of reputation not current record. In the end it will work itself out with the state tournament. You don't get anything for rank in the polls.

I don't think the 1A has changed since the beginning, so maybe nobody has really spent time with it. Let's hope for some input from more coaches to see if things will move around a little. Yup, the final rankings and only ones that matter come out on Saturday the 15th, but it is fun to get an idea of what is happening all around the state.

Well, sometimes it is better to be the underdog.....not on the polls. All I can say is that RV looks great....winning in three games with
Royal City, Ki-Be, and Connell. There are piled with Senior's who have been together for years and are working well as a team. The are a dymnatic team of girls with the determination to blow the polls up! Watch out the Panthers are going to Rock the house!

RVMom, nothing wrong with "flying under the radar"! I agree with the other posters, you want to be concerned with only one ranking and that's the one that is completed after the state tourney in November!

Good luck to that RV group!

WHO ROCKS THE HOUSE?? THE PANTHERS ROCK THE HOUSE!! WHO ROCKS THE HOUSE?? THE PANTHERS ROCK THE HOUSE!! WHO ROCKS THE HOUSE?? THE PANTHERS ROCK THE HOUSE!! When it's chanted like it's a song and Chris Strawn starts bustin' a move, you become a believer. Hell, I even made it my screen name!!

You're wrong about not getting anything for rank in the polls. You get bragging rights!! Call it living through your kids, longing for your youth, maybe what might have been for yourself or whatever you want, (you remember Bruce Springsteen, "Glory days, passed you by"), but parents deserve it for all the hours spent hauling kids to camp, transportation to endless tourneys, manning the bake sale, buying the booster coupons for a 2 for 1 burger at the local drive-in where you've never ate and certainly don't intend to anytime in the near future, washing the uniforms and making sure the sneakers are in the gym bag, consoling a young woman and wiping away her tears who is trying her best and giving her all and may fall a little short on occasion, sharing in her profound joy when her efforts are rewarded and teaching young women the virtues of sportsmanship. We all know if more parents had their s___ together, we wouldn't see the high levels of gangs, drugs, violence and crime among America's youth. Many parents are doing their level best to involve their kids in worthwhile activities like athletics to build character. And let's all agree that that beats the hell out of smoking weed and playing video games!! Here's to the parents!!!!!!!! Here's to RVmom22!! GO PANTHERS!!

Nice post there RVrockshouse. I got so excited, that I was going to order my spandex!

Seriously, you are spot on with a lot of what you said.

Re: 9/25/08 - The Parents State VB Poll

Hey RVROCKS-Why not start the Parents State VB Poll. As you stated, all the traveling you parents do. You see the teams, the tourneys, etc. You know who is back in your league and district. Now it might not be scientific, but obviously the coaches poll in 1A isn't showing much science up to this point. Maybe get an email address that other parents can get in touch with you on. Just post it here and see if it drums up some talk. Then check back after State and see how you all have done! Might be fun! Go Parents!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT