ADVERTISEMENT

Archbishop Murphy loses opener

Why do you say that?

Just curious if you could go into more specifics as to how the team is a bunch of "mental midgets".

By the way, the correct spelling and punctuation at the end of your post should read: "That's their weakness."

Best thing to happen to AMHS

This is probably a blessing in disguise for AMHS...they could realize that it's not about saying you want a state championships, it's about PLAYING like you want a state championship.

At least the players aren't all over this message board saying Lakewood got lucky...

Just Play Football:

"At least the players aren't all over this message board saying Lakewood got lucky..."

Tryin to rattle the cedarcrest players cages here or what?

Anyway, im excited to see how game 2 turns out for these teams...

Re: Best thing to happen to AMHS

Maybe Lakewood did get lucky...or maybe it's hard to bring a bunch of new players in from around the state and expect them to play well together right at first (uh oh did I just being up the recruiting thing?!). No doubt ATM has talent, they got that. They need to gel together as a team before you can go far into the playoffs. They have all season to gel, they're probably just getting their feet wet with each other these first few games.

I was upset at first when we lost but am glad it happened it has humbled us we are a very good team and have realized that baseball is baseball and anything can happen but the only thing we can do is play our hardest. Also we didn't play a jamboree or a practice game before Monday we were really rusty. It definetly opened our eyes up tho.

Nice post. There is indeed no substitute for just letting your play speak for itself on the field and not make excuses.

"Also we didn't play a jamboree or a practice game before Monday we were really rusty."

That's an excuse...just saying.

M23 come on man. Why don't you give the other team a little bit of credit. Lakewood came out with more energy and hit the ball much better than us. We respect them for that and realize that we got beat. We won't give any excuses because we played great defense and didn't get it done on offense. Lakewood did too and hit the ball better. That usually leads to a win.

It has definitely humbled us as a club and every day we practice to get better at everything we do. This year we are much more of a "team" than last year. Everyone has the same goal and everyone knows their roles and are ok with that.

And to bring up the recruiting argument. None of the baseball players were ever recruited for baseball. Many if not most of the players on our team came from Private, Catholic schools which usually feeds into a Catholic high school like AMHS. We are blessed to have good talent knowing that we didn't go out and seek the best ball players around.

We know that defeat is possible and we will scratch and claw our way to a win if we have to.

Have a great day!

Just Play Football

Last night was Saint Paddys Day...I was out drinking my Guiness and Irish car bombs..Just because I have a life and dont respond twice a day on this blog doesnt make this over.

Now I could attack you like you just attacked me by saying "shut down by a high school kid." But Ive learned from years of blogging that you ATM followers tattle and get the whole community to come on this board and start personal attacks and then delete the posts, and pretend like you've done no wrong. Soooo instead, as a high school baseball fan, I will say this...

Lakewood always brings a solid team to the diamond and Lakewood is a tough place to play. Ive played there before and when the wind blows early in the season there its gunna be a cold, looooong game. ATM has the talent to be great, no doubt, They came back last night with Kane on the mound and proved they can play. I'll applaud that.

One question I do have tho is, does ATM have other solid ptchers behind Kane?

"Just because I have a life..."

For someone who has a life, you sure seem to spend a lot of time worrying about Archbishop Murphy...

Move on dude.

Seriously, who are ATM's other pitchers?
This post was edited on 3/18 10:51 AM by M23

Kevin waldron who was 8-1 last year with a 1.49 Era all league pitcher won the team award for best pitcher and logan kegley who is solid and has potential to be really good

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT