ADVERTISEMENT

Bellingham 52 Squally 51 FINAL

I thought the final was 51-50, but it doesn't really matter. Fun game to watch. It got wild at the end. I was sure Squalicum was going to pull it out after they stole the ball back down 1 with about 10 seconds remaining. The Storm couldn't buy a bucket from the perimeter for 3 quarters. Kyle Redmond came up big for the Red Raiders tonight.
One other observation....the Storm guards are lightening quick.

It was 51-50. Squally couldn't buy a bucket in the first 3 quarters. They scored 24 of their 50 points in that frenetic 4th quarter. Props to the Raiders for hanging on.

Listened to the radio for this one. Props to B'ham. Nice win during some lean years. Squally finding out everyone wants to beat them and plays hard especially if score is close. Qualls finally becoming a go-to player.

Revive the city rivalry games!

Passiona8

That is what I get when I am trying to read my Twitter feed, Skype my brother in North Carolina, and type on here with an "upset" score.

Congrats Bellingham.

Well I guess I have to return to the most pitiful National Championship football game in history.

I'm not from up there, so I don't know..... but has Bellingham had tough competition or is this a complete upset?

I noticed Bellingham's overall record is 2-9 and Squalicum's record is 10-1....

Not implying anything, just wondering, that's a big difference!

Bellingham really put it all together in this game. They have some good athletes. They have a big post player listed at 6'9" that bothered the Storm on the inside. He had quite a few boards. Squalicum couldn't buy a bucket for 3 quarters. All that being said, even the radio announcers seemed shocked at the outcome.
This post was edited on 1/10 10:34 AM by Warrant3

Good deal, thanks for the info. Washington prep basketball delivers again! Hopefully I will see some of these at state!

Great upset win for Bellingham for a program that has been on the slide for the past 5 years. Welcome back coach Crawford. Squally was an uncharacteristic 3/20 for 3 pointers. Other factor: SQ's big man (6'7") Nate Maddux was out with a bad ankle.

Chance: That was a boring game wasn't it? LSU with 90 offensive yds? yikes!

Thanks Passion8, I wondered what the difference was. Bellingham/Squally played earlier in the year and it was a blow out. Not saying that Bellingham hasn't improved (I haven't seen them)

ADVERTISEMENT