ADVERTISEMENT

Burlington upsets Anacortes.....

Warrant3

Dec 15, 2006
....tonight 71-63. So the Seahawks now fall into the consolation bracket. They have to win their next two as does Sehome.

It looks like the Sehome - Anacortes game on Friday should be one to watch. Too bad district one only gets three teams to state this year, or should I say regionals. Both teams deserve to get a shot at a trophy of some kind.

The Sehome game against Cedarcrest is not a "gimmee." Zach Taylor is legit. Anacortes really blew a great opportunity. They had the Tigers at home. Anacortes began the year like a house on fire, but they haven't been as sharp recently. The Mariners have been close the last couple of years but seem to be snake bit in the District's. I still think the Seahawks are the favorite to make regionals. I will admit however, I'm pulling for Sehome to make it this year.
This post was edited on 2/12 1:25 PM by Warrant3

The last two games haven't been great for Anacortes. I think their coach has the talent to find a way to lose to Sehome or Cedarcrest. Hard to lose to Sehome though since they beat them by 27 earlier in the year.

I'm not going to make a prediction at this point, but neither Anacortes nor Sehome are the same team they were in December. Anacortes had already beaten Burlington twice this season, by double-digits both times, and look what happened.
This post was edited on 2/12 3:30 PM by Warrant3

IF Sehome ends up playing Anacortes for that third spot (not a certainty), I for one think that Sehome will pull it out. I simply believe they play better team defense than the Seahawks and that will be the difference.

A little oddity in that Burlington had the pleasure of playing all three games at Anacortes. Each game you could see the teams battling a little closer. The first game it appeared that Anacortes really controlled the game through out even though Burlington kept it in the 7 - 12 range most of the game. The 2nd game Burlington was doing very well in fact leading until foul trouble started taking a toll late 3rd early 4th & ended up worse score than game actually was. This time Burlington jumped out early and held on to win. But, lets not fool ourselves it's Lynden then the rest. I do think Anacortes will be able to handle Sehomes pressure and move on.

I appreciate your comments B-E. A matchup between the two is far from a certainty with Sehome going up against Cedarcrest tonight. The Red Wolves don't appear to be quite as good as the last couple of years, but with Zach Taylor in the lineup all bets are off. If it does happen that Anacortes and Sehome play, I would give the Mariners a big shot. I'm not predicting a win, but I think they can give A-Town all they can handle. When Sehome lost to Anacortes earlier in the season, they were 4 deep, and I mean literally 4 deep. When they played Burlington on the last day of the regular season they were 6 deep and it made a big difference. Willy Lallas moved into the starting lineup about mid-season and has helped the Mariners alot on the glass. Jake Manson has become a scorer off the bench. In fact, Lynden paid special attention to Manson the other night after he put up 7 treys against LC in an overtime win. It's a fun time of the year. ANYTHING can happen
3dsmile.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT