ADVERTISEMENT

Can you feel the WIAA luv man!

col-pul

Nov 27, 2003
From the late September WIAA meeting:

and I quote:
"3. Draws will be held on Sunday, February 26, to determine the pairings for the eight-entry Hardwood Classic to be held March 1-3, 2012. The draw criteria will be finalized by November 1.

- This addition to the tournament demonstrates the WIAA Executive Board’s promise to evaluate the total tournament experience of the WIAA state basketball tournaments.

- Eight #1 teams better lends itself to a draw than with the 2011 format.

- A draw will add a new level of excitement for the state tournament for the participants, coaches, media, and fans.

- Coaches, administrators, players, and media will have the chance to meet on the Sunday prior to the state tournament.

- Tournament managers will be able to cover specific site information and distribute parking and entrance passes.

- Webcasting of the draw is being explored.

- Because there will be twelve total draws, two classification draws will be conducted simultaneously. Therefore, the draws will not be conducted at the WIAA office. Other sites are being considered."

Quoted because you just can't make this stuff up.

Really? #1 on their list.....

"This addition to the tournament demonstrates the WIAA Executive Board’s promise to evaluate the total tournament experience of the WIAA state basketball tournaments."---- Soooo the added 'experience' of a maybe webcast draw for eight teams totally fixs everything....

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man, you just can't make this stuff up! Mike "McCheese" Colbrese I think has earned the raise he got.

Hey, maybe if we complain enough about still having the boys and girls playing in different cities next year the WIAA will provide halftime pony rides! Ooo ooo or do the draw by cake walk!

Could you complain just a LITTLE more, col-pul?

Shut up and be thankful that the kids are playing basketball at all in this economy. You whine enough for a dozen parents of players.

I sure the WIAA and the Big Cheese thank you for your support...

Thankful? Yes, yes thankful and genuinely grateful for all the WIAA has bestowed on Washington State High School Basketball under His Cheesiness’ administration... Why without them well the kids just wouldn't get to play at all like they couldn't before the WIAA.

We should all be thankful that in this economy the WIAA hasn't had to postpone their raises, cut any salaries, benefits, travel & lodging expenses or executive assistant director positions. I'm so grateful that WIAA managed to even find a way during these difficult times to relieve the burden of having to deal with the revenue taken in during regionals from the over burdened districts. And doubly grateful that in these tough economic times small schools, parents and fans that happen to have a boys and girls team both make regionals now have the opportunity to travel to two wonderful Washington State locations in two days.

Hey, and in these tough economic time you should just be thankful that you have a computer to go on and squirt tears of outrage about someone complaining on. Why those tears could build up and swell your eyes shut without a release.

And thanks for the advice about shutting up and being thankful. Let me reciprocate; if you're going to scratch you a$$ you really should start using nail clippers, at least on your fingers. So now we’re even and you never again have to waste keystrokes clicking on one of my posts.

Re: I sure the WIAA and the Big Cheese thank you for your support...

Col-Pul 4 President!

Re: I sure the WIAA and the Big Cheese thank you for your support...

Every student, athlete, parent, and grandparent should be outraged at the WIAA.

I am COMPLAINING also. Specifics don't matter as Coolbreeze and the boys don't care. I am sure they are laughing as they read this or any other criticism of their lack of vision.

It appears there is no way to fix bureaucratic abuse of our young people.

Perhaps we should have a BCS type of state tournament. We could call it the BS tournament. Have the WIAA executive director pick the top two teams in the state in all classifications of the boys and then the girls. That narrows it down to four teams total, two boy's teams and two girl's teams. Have the boys play against the boys and the girls play the girls. They you could have the winners play off. This would leave you with one champion at one site with one trophy. Think of the money the WIAA and participating schools could save. Problem solved. After all, it isn't the end that counts - it is the journey. The kids need to sacrifice in this time of need, and follow the example of the pro basketball players.

Hocksports..I really like reading your posts and info on the SW area. Keep up the posts. However, on this I have the same sentiments as Col-pul. Thee WIAA "screwed the Pooch" when it came to revamping a good thing.

ADVERTISEMENT