ADVERTISEMENT

CARDINAL TENNIS?

WVwinner

May 23, 2005
is there even such thing as a cardinal tennis team. and if there is why haven't i heard anything about any players coming from that team? Lost12many hummmm... nice name, now i know why i haven't heard of anyone from there, probably because you lost 12 times this season?

CARDINAL POWER

Medical Lake has been the power in the 2A Great Northern League (Spokane) for years. It appears that their run at dominance is taking a lull. Zak Nelson who was the #1 seed at Inland Empire finished 5th at the regional tourney. I thought we'd get to see a Floyd vs. Nelson match, but Floyd ended up recovering from a shaky first set to beat Stewart of Omak 4-6, 6-1, 6-2. I think he got woke up by finally playing a couple of guys (McGuffin 6-1, 6-2 and Stewart) who could hit. Stewart taking him 3 sets may be the best thing for him. It shows him that he can't assume anything. I still think he will win state easy. 6-2, 6-2 in the title match. I do confess to not ever seeing this Erickson kid from Ridgfield I think. I guess he beat the kid from Foster who won the state title last year at districts. If Erickson is to beat Floyd, he better be able to return 130 MPH serves and pound the ball.

ya i was really suprised to see that kid from omak beat zak and go to the finals where he took the first set off of floyd. i have plaid Stewart and have had close matches with him and every time i have plaid floyd i shouldn't have even been on the court. so i was amazed to see steward get a set off of Floyd, but then it looked like floyd recovered. what's going on with his game lately? he loosing to Danny everytime they play, going three sets with kids that he shouldn't(not dissing Matt), but whats going on with floyds game? is he just not playing sensational all the time? i thought that Zak was going to do a lot better.

Floyd is fine. He has lost one match all year to Plesha who has just gotten alot better. I would be surprised if he gave up another set.

If you haven’t heard of the team then you don't know a thing about Tennis. I also don't pay much attention to Tennis. It ranks about 4th or 5th down the row on my interest board. Oh but if you wanted to see what Cardinal Tennis is all about I believe that someone is representing the team in the championship singles match @ 11 (for the second year in a row) Maybe we will just take the team title for the 2nd year in a row? I don’t know what do you think? YTC is where the match is at, correct? Oh wait, why didn’t you show the other day? I made it all the way down to Yak, endured the “hardcore” gang-banggers, fought off the smell of cow dung and kept my oxygen tank on long enough to get past the fumes of smog that are produced in downtown Yakima.

The name doesnt stand for the number 12 either. Nice try though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT