ADVERTISEMENT

Cle Elum beats Goldendale

Not really all that suprising.....New coach for Goldendale (the girls coach). Cle Elum's coach has those kids moving in the right direction, and Goldendale had basically the whole senior class playing basketball last year. Be interesting to see Cle Elum Mabton score.

I think it was surprising lol. We've been handled for nearly a decade at the hands of the majority of the league, it almost becomes the norm or expectation. Are you saying the GD boys have a new coach and it is the old girls coach? And I agree totally, Coach Hendricks is doing an amazing job with the kids. The guys lost a tough one to La Salle last night, that being said I am excited to see what the rest of the season has to bring.

I've seen G-dale twice now and it looks like they will be at the bottom of the league this year. Congrats on the win, your new coach is doing a great job and really turning around Cle Elum's program. In years past it seemed like Cle Elum was a guaranteed win for all the other teams in the league, but with their win against G-dale and what sounded like a tough fought game against la salle it appears that the Warriors are going to compete with most of the league.

That being said here are my four playoff team predictions from the SCAC West:

1. Zillah- Might run the table
2. Naches- Tough loss to Zillah the other night proves that they can play well
3. Granger- Down compared to normal, tradition will carry them to districts
4, 5, and 6- The 4 spot seems to be up for grabs between three teams La Salle is my favorite for the 4 spot, Highland showed surprising improvement from last year to this year, and Mabton also might surprise if they get hot.
7. Cle Elum- They are improving and they will compete and probably get a few wins, but I'm still not sure if they are a playoff team.
8. Goldendale- They are young and one of their best players went down with an ACL tear from what I heard.

You might want to rethink your predicted order of finish cuz Cle Elum beat Naches last night 55-52

Saw that. Predicted order does change with Naches dropping down to maybe the 3 seed and Cle Elum climbing into the battle for the 4 seed. Great win for the Warriors

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT