ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching Movement????

WOW. That truly stinks. Even though they had few players at the end of last season, I feel bad for them.

Originally posted by linemanfan:
Anyone know what happened in Gig Harbor..I see they had a late opening

TNT has covered that. Sounds like an ugly situation.

Bellingham has hired. Stayed in house and hired somebody already teaching there.

Steve Wilson, math teacher at Bellingham and former coach at Squally.
http://www.bellinghamherald.com/2012/04/27/2499453/prep-football-bellingham-stays.html

Sehome hired Bob Norvell, former O-line coach for the B-E Tigers. Definitely a tough challenge, but they've got a little talent to build on...

http://www.bellinghamherald.com/2012/04/28/2501171/prep-football-sehome-hires-norvell.html

It is 4 weeks to spring ball.

I guess I understand why Coupeville is still open.

Anacortes?
If health is limiting the AD, then someone should get on the ball. If a spouse is sick, that doesn't mean the other doesn't feed the kids or doesn't pick them up from school. Maybe they have hired already, and that void of communication that is the AHS admin has actually done their job.

Mount Vernon?
Hello? Is this thing on? All I hear is the crickets.

It is frustrating when a school's admin creates a situation to make success challenging for an incoming staff. It is a lack of importance for football at the school which is reflected by hiring based on what is easiest for the school, whether it is teaching, prior experience trumping bad career numbers, and the like.

the old monroe coach got anacortes (steve ainey/hainey??). I think mt vernon is in their last interview.
This post was edited on 5/6 9:49 PM by linemanfan

Interesting. Haynie seemed like a nice guy when I met him way back when. Career mark of 42-79. I guess they must have found a teaching position to go with it after all. Although, at 58, AHS bought themselves a couple of years. Prior head coaching experience? Check. Successful HC experience? Not so much. (Although coaching under Bainter at Bothell has to be a good experience) Safe choice to cover the next 4 years until they have to hire again.

I just feel bad for Coupeville at this point.

This post was edited on 5/2 8:19 AM by fbsnoho

Haynie hired

Watching on here to see if there was any information about the Coupeville job and I feel like responding to linemanfan. We know that linemanfan is you Tony as you posted about your son in previous forums but the problem that I have is that you keep bashing the same admin you want to hire you as you are the same person you are talking about in the post...doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me? Also asked around and you were a volunteer freshman coach in OH along with youth coach. Not sure why you think you are so qualified for the job?

I agree with fbsnoho. SAFE hire. Would have liked AHS to hire new blood. Going to be very interesting this season with all the new hires around the northwest, Burlington, SW, Mount Vernon, Anacortes, Stanwood, Sehome, Bellingham

ADVERTISEMENT