ADVERTISEMENT

Consolidated Rankings 2/5 (incl. FDL Composite)

FilmDoesn'tLie

Oct 11, 2012
Hi all,
Here's the latest rankings thread. This is probably the 2nd to last of these for the season, since polls stop since really don't matter in the playoffs. Your turn to sound off on who should be higher and lower...

FDL Consolidated 1A Poll (Calculated from other ranks below)
---------------------------------
1 Zillah
2 King's
3 Okanogan
4 Seattle Academy
5 Vashon
6 Kalama
7 Lynden Christian
8 Brewster
9 UPrep
10 Riverside
11 La Salle
12 Lakeside
13 Cedar Park Christian
14 Cashmere
15 Woodland
16 LaCenter
17 Columbia
18 Naches Valley
19 La Center
20 Toledo

Maxpreps
----------------
1 Zillah
2 Okanogan
3 King's
4 Vashon
5 Kalama
6 Seattle Academy
7 Lynden Christian
8 Lakeside
9 Brewster
10 La Salle
11 Cashmere
12 Riverside
13 Cedar Park Christian
14 Naches Valley
15 Columbia
http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/cedar-park-christian-eagles-(bothell,wa)/basketball/rankings.htm

AP Sportswriter Poll
----------------------------
1 Okanogan
2 Zillah
3 King's
4 Seattle Academy
5 Vashon
6 Kalama
7 Lynden Christian
8 Brewster
9 Riverside
10 UPrep
11 Columbia
12 La Center
13 La Salle
14 Woodland
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/B/BKH_WASH_BOYS_BASKETBALL_PREP_POLL_WAOL-?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Tacoma news Tribune (Todd Miles)
------------------------------------------------
1 King's
2 Okanogan
3 Zillah
4 Seattle Academy
5 Lynden Christian
6 Vashon
7 Kalama
8 Riverside
9 UPrep
10 Brewster
http://www.thenewstribune.com/2014/02/04/3028763/tnt-high-school-basketball-rankings.html

ScoreCzar
----------------
1 Zillah
2 King's
3 Seattle Academy
4 Kalama
5 Okanogan
6 Vashon
7 Cedar Park Christian
8 LaCenter
9 Lynden Christian
10 Lakeside
11 La Salle
12 Cashmere
13 Woodland
14 UPrep
15 Toledo
16 Overllake
17 Brewster
18 Naches Valley
19 King's Way Christian
20 Columbia
http://www.scoreczar.org/classifications/254-high-school-basketball-boys-wa1a

-FDL

scoreczar

based on all the chatter and also what I have seen, I would think Lynden Christian should be higher. same lynden team beats kings and loses to LC. Seattle Academy has two close losses to Kings and one to #8 in 3A Hazen. can zillah and okanogan bear the burden of staying perfect? UPrep is the only one that doesn't make sense of the tri-district teams, though beating B-E by 1 makes them interesting.

TriDistFan,
Sportswriter 1A polls appear to be heavily influenced by overall record. For example, they may not account for tough holiday tournaments that will sometimes actually improve a team. The computer's agree with you placing UPrep at #14 & #17. UPrep is a good team with a few stand out players, but is a bit hard for me to read from a polling perspective. They opened with a win over Charles Wright (middle of Nisqually) and recently squeaked by a Burlington (B-E), lower-middle NWC 2A team. They do not have any bad 1A losses. (They have not been upset by a lower ranked 1A opponent.) However, they were blown out by 2B #5 Bear Creek, who to their (BC's) credit have had several high quality wins. If the computers knew Bear Creek played a regrouping Woodinville the day after their star player went out with a broken leg, UPrep would be ranked even lower. The sportswriters are probably giving them too much credit for losing to a great Seattle Academy team twice and just looking at their excellent record which is largely due to ECL's pretty big drop-off after their top 3. Lynden Christian has some high quality wins and would be ranked higher but for their bad loss to Brewster, and perception of their record due to loses to 2A teams (Squalicum, B-E, and Anacortes). I'm curious what Zillah's or record would look like in the same 1A/2A league? Zillah's hungry this year though. Watch out! Okanogan is gonna bring a very experienced team to the dome and should belong in the championship.
-FDL

LC did come back the second time and beat BE. LC's first 4 losses combined total I think was 14, but the 5th loss to Squally was also 14.

Interesting that ScoreCzar has Okanogan in the same #5 placing they had Toledo about this time last season. I think they prove to be better than 5th when the dust settles.

slightly off-topic, but why is there no play-in game between Coupville and Nooksack Valley? It seems ridiculous that Nooksack Valley would get a playoff game after going 0-20 and that only 1 team (Coupville) in the entire District 1 doesn't get a playoff game at all.

You have a point, although personally, I can't see the whole idea of having the last team (maybe the last 2 in the NWC) even in the districts. I understand to a point why, but why should LC have to play NV again..... and again I understand why but there has to be something for winning the 1A league with that many teams apart of it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT