ADVERTISEMENT

East Side RND 1 all wrapped up, On to the Quarter Finals.

Linebacker_65

May 16, 2006
The 1st round is all done on the East Side. Cle Elum upsets Cashmere 48-6, Royal destroys Cascade 70-13, Quincy beats Zillah 29-10 and today River View beat Chewelah 27-14.

Quarter Final matchups are as followed:

Cle Elum Vs. Royal (Unkown time/date/location, guess would be Moses Lake on Saturday.)

Quincy Vs. River View (Unkown time/date/location, guess would be Moses Lake on Saturday.)

Cle Elum/Royal should be a good game, really interested to see how this one turns out. Royal, a team that can ground and pound you to death as well as pick you apart through the air, and Cle Elum, a team that is primarily on the ground but has a QB that can make all sorts of plays downfield throwing the ball.

Quincy/River View could be interesting as well. The fates have put Quincy on the lesser side of the bracket but still have to play a tough team in River View. A Wing-T based team, Quincy boasts a good ground game. River View, being a spread team is capable of doing all sorts of things though primarily throws the ball. Given this game before the RV/Chewelah game I would have said RV no sweat. After however I think that it will be much closer.

I think Royal is going to win the state title this year unless they play a really bad game. They are just so well balanced on offense with the run and the pass and their defense is stellar.

Not necessarily, If Chewelah would have won, the game most likely would have been held at Joe Albi. RV will be the designated home team for that game. And why would RV want to travel an hour and a half to Quincy's 30 minutes.

I guess I don't know all of the inner workings, why could RV be the home team? would it be because of record?
And I meant Yakima above haha. Copied and pasted and didn't change. Wouldnt that be more of a neutral site?
This post was edited on 11/10 5:04 PM by Linebacker_65

Home or Away status is usually determined by which side of the bracket your on. Home team has more say in the "neutral" location. Game has to be on an approved field surface, usually turf. Could be wrong, but these rules are things I've heard discussed over the years.

I have seen all but Riverview and I still like Quincys chances against them. The Jacks defense is really really good. Royal and Cle Elum won't be a game and not just because I don't care for Cle Elum. Royal is the best team in 1A right now in my own strong opinion. They are just so balanced it's scary. Must be nice calling the offense on a team where practically everything works. I simply don't think even Kings will match up well with them.

I'm completely ignorant when it comes to location and who would be the home team, but would think the higher seed would be the home team right? And if I am not mistaken that would technically be Quincy right? They came in as a 3 seed and RV as a 4 on their respective side of the East bracket and I don't think that they would have a quarterfinal game be a home game for one of the teams.

There you go, thanks I never knew that. And now that I think about it that makes perfect sense by the way things work in the crossovers and such.

Since RV won their game they take over as the higher seeded team. The seedings don't change if the lower seeded team wins.

Home team is the bottom team on the bracket no matter what. It's why in 2A Prosser gets to "host" Othello, despite Othello beating Prosser in the regular season.

Approved sites don't come into play until the semifinals, but teams typically try to play quarterfinal games on turf fields just because they are better at handling winter weather conditions.

Also, if I was a coach at a small school, I'd prefer to get my kids used to playing in bigger stadiums - Moses Lake, Lampson, Edgar Brown, Joe Albi - in preparation for playing in the Tacoma Dome. And just for the experience.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT