Final 8 is set

Smallpox

Jul 13, 2001
I think this is correct:
Grandview - BE
CP - River Ridge
Tumwater - Squally
Kingston - WV Spokane

Love the first 3 matchups. Great games for sure. I know nothing about the last 2 teams other than Kingston was up here at the LC tourney and lost 2x I believe. Sounds like they are playing much better now than December!

Edited to change the WV Yakima to WV Spokane.
This post was edited on 2/26 8:20 PM by Smallpox

The top half of the bracket looks particularly tough. Can't wait for next Thursday - gonna be fun to watch those games play out!

I was very impressed with the play of Kingston in the Regional. They have improved dramatically from what I saw at the LC Christmas Tournament. You can't key on one or two guys.

I agree the top part of the bracket is fully loaded. It is actually West Valley of Spokane...not Yakima...gonna be some good games, as usual the Northwest conference is hitting their stride....

not trying to be partial ... but Tumwater did split with River Ridge .. and when they lost to CP, most all of their best players were still not elgible because of Football ...

I have no doubts that Tumwater can beat Squally. I think this will be a great game.

Heard through the grapevine that Tumwater & Squalicum played each other in the championship game at the CWU team camp last July. 3 OT's (Squalicum won). I know both teams may have been missing players possibly (Squalicum was missing a starter to AAU), but it does suggest we'll see a great matchup come Thursday as we all expect.
This post was edited on 2/27 9:31 AM by NWCsportsfan

With regard to the summer game of SQ vs. Tummy, both teams look different by this time of year. Both are better. Probably important to note that the boys play so many games the day of the final it doesn't look like a normal game for either team. Both are gassed on going on guts...especially with 3 OTs.
That said I think the game will be good. Whoever shoots better than in the dome and cleans the glass will win the game.

This is not intended to slight the performance of Tumwater as they did what they needed to do to reach Yakima by winning two games. I just wonder what Sumner & Fife thought of the "State" atmosphere of playing on another teams homecourt for their playoff experience.

ADVERTISEMENT