ADVERTISEMENT

**NWC Pick'Em 2012** Standings and Crossover Week Picks

football_fever3

Sep 23, 2006
It all comes down to one final week. The current standings below include all picks through the first 9 weeks, as well as the points for the tie-breaker on Saturday (Congrats to Scorebooks, as the only one to NOT pick NV as one of the two teams, therefore the only one to receive bonus points.)

Current Standings (W/ Tuesday's Play Bonus Points):

1. SmallPox 58.5
2. innocentbystanderLL 54.5
3. Scorebooks 53.5
4. BE Fan 52.5
5. borderite2000 51.5
5. Football_fever3 51.5
5. Rainmaker 2112 51
8. NWC Fballfan 50.5
8. believeinone 50
8. Runhardrunfree 50
11. Little_Lion_Man 48
12. LW-Observer 45
13. shs2209 17
14. LTWG&G 9

And now for the crossover matchups. As a means to keep things more interesting, all crossover games (True playoff games, as well non-playoff crossover games) will be included. The first game of the week is THURSDAY night when Granite Falls visits Bellingham. Therefore, I hope everyone can have their picks in by THURSDAY NIGHT AT 7PM.

Also, because we are yet to know who will play Eatonville (The winner of the play-in game tonight), feel free to either wait to post your pick on that game until once we know who is playing. Again though, be sure to have that pick in by THURSDAY NIGHT.

Good luck to everyone, let's see if anyone is able to pick well enough to catch SmallPox!

(NOTE: It was tough to find all the matchups, as nwcathletics didnt have the LC vs. BC or the NV vs. PT. Let me know if you know of any other matchups.)

Granite Falls @ Bellingham
Sultan @ Lynden
Nooksack @ Port Townsend
Sedro Woolley @ Lakewood
Cedarcrest @ Anacortes
Sammamish @ Sehome
Hazen @ Ferndale
Meridian @ Eatonville
Lynden Christian @ Bellevue Christian
GOTW: Squalicum @ ATM
GOTW: Lake Washington @ Burlington

This post was edited on 10/30 12:21 PM by football_fever3

This post was edited on 10/31 8:05 AM by football_fever3

This post was edited on 10/31 10:03 AM by football_fever3

Granite Falls
Lynden
Nooksack
Lakewood
Cedarcrest
Sammamish
Ferndale
Meridian
Bellevue Christian
Archbishop Murphy

Burlington

This post was edited on 10/31 9:28 AM by innocentbystanderLL

Bellingham
Lynden
Nooksack
Lakewood
Cedarcrest
Sehome
Ferndale
Eatonville (over Meridian)
Lynden Christian
GOTW: Squalicum
GOTW: Burlington

Granite Falls
Lynden
Nooksack
Lakewood
Cedarcrest
Sammamish
Ferndale
Meridian
Bellevue Christian
Archbishop Murphy
Burlington

Bellingham
Lynden
Nooksack
Lakewood
Cedarcrest
Sehome
Ferndale
Meridian
Lynden Christian
ATM
Burlington

Granite Falls
Lynden
Nooksack
Lakewood
Anacortes
Sehome
Ferndale
Eatonville
Lynden Christian
GOTW: ATM
GOTW: Burlington

Bellingham
Lynden
Nooksack
Lakewood
Cedarcrest
Sammamish
Ferndale
Meridian
Bellevue Christian
ATM
Burlington

Bellingham
Lynden
NV
Lakewood
Cedarcrest
Sehome
Ferndale
Eatonville
LC
ATM
BE

Being 5 pts. behind makes it a little tough, going to have to pick some upsets and hope they happen! Here goes.

G. Falls.....Bellingham has trouble stopping the run, and that's what GF does best- GF-35, Bellingham-21
Lynden.....LHS-55, Sultan-0
Nooksack....Pioneers will be looking to finish season on a positive note- NV-42, Pt Townsend-14
Lakewood.....The Cougars like to spread the field and can score- Lakewood-35, SW-14
Anacortes...The Seahawks have played better teams, Anacortes 28, Cedarcrest-14
Sehome...The Mariners will finish with a convincing win, Sehome-35, Sam-7
Ferndale.....Will put up big rushing numbers and Hazen will have no answers , Ferndale-49, Hazen-14
Eatonville...The Trojans will keep it interesting, Eatonville-35, Meridian-21
LC.......28-21
SQ.....Upset Special, ATM has had a ton of issues this season and are one dimensional, if SQ can control ATM running game they have a great shot to pull this on out, SQ-28, ATM-14
BE.....Tigers advance 35-14

Granite Falls OVER Bellingham: Bellingham simply has no idea how to play defense. And now recently, they have been having problems putting the ball in the endzone. Outside of their "showdown" against Anacortes, they have scored 13 or fewer in the last five games.

Lynden OVER Sultan: Lynden is healthy, confident, and impossible to stop right now. Probably one thing standing in the way of a running clock in the 3rd quarter, and that is the weather.

Nooksack OVER Port Townsend: Nooksack is a pretty good football. They obviously drew the short straw in the tiebreaker last week. I hope after the let down, Coach Meyer gets his kids excited to play one final football game.

Lakewood OVER Sedro: Sedro played Burlington tough last week, and I think will hang with Lakewood for awhile. In the end however, Lakewood's desire to get rid of the bad taste of defeat (1st one of season at the hands of King's), and their overall talent level will be too much for the Cubbies to survive.

Anacortes OVER Cedarcrest: I remember Cedarcrest being a decently good football team last year, playing Lynden in the crossover, and playing them pretty tough for a couple quarters. Looking at their games this year, they have been beat by almost everybody. Sounds similar to Anacortes, wait, they did get beat by everyone. Here is to the Seahawks first victory.

Sehome OVER Sammamish: Remember I mentioned that Cedarcrest ALMOST got beat by everybody, yeah, Sammmamish was their lone win. As long as the Mariners can hold onto the ball a bit better than last week, should be a nice W to close out the season.

Ferndale OVER Hazen: I know nothing about Hazen, but after looking at their season, there was nothing there that told me they will beat the Eagles. I hope they enjoy another W, because the word on the street is that Bellevue will be awaiting Ferndale next week.

Eatonville OVER Meridian: Some will argue that Meridian is on a role, are hot, and trending right now. The other side of the coin says they are going to be tired from playing so much football in the last week. I am of the 2nd group. They played four quarters against a physical Baker team last Thursday, played in the KC Tiebreaker two days later, played another four quarters two days ago, and now playing another four in two days. That's roughly 13 quarters in just over a week.

Bellevue Christian OVER LC: Rumor has it that many of the LC players are either banged up or looking forward to defending their basketball state title. Tough to get excited about football when many of your leaders are looking ahead to the next sports season.

Squalicum OVER ATM: This would be my unlikely upset pick. Since they got their feet back on the ground (coaching changes, athletes transfering, etc ..), they have really not played anyone decent. Squalicum meanwhile has stayed quite consistent. I still think they should have beat Burlington, and simply ran into a buzzsaw last week against Lynden. This one could be interesting.

Lake Washington OVER Burlington: Here is another one that might surprise a bit (i'm trying to make up some serious points here). Playing in the KingCo 2a/3a league, it is tough to tell how good the Kangaroos are. One one hand, you have your Bellevue, Mt Si, and Mercer Island. On the other hand you have Liberty, Interlake, and the aforementioned Sammamish. I am picking LW simply because I need the points, and because I question Burlington's desire and toughness.

ADVERTISEMENT