ADVERTISEMENT

Final B-E 24 Sqaulicim 17

Wow - saw the final, had no idea they needed to make such a comeback! Good for you guys - When I'm not rooting for Lynden I like seeing BE win tough, physical football games. If you take care of Sedro next week, Lynden's got Squalicum covered so you can snag that NWC #2 seed.

And being the NWC #2 seed is a whole lot better than playing Lakewood or ATM in the playin game.

My understading is if they beat Sedo-Woolley they have the #2 seed, but if they lose they may be out. The loss to Sehome looms large.
This post was edited on 10/21 11:30 AM by Warrant3

BE got 2 very questionable calls that aided their comeback, a called muff punt that was very iffy recovered by BE and a fumble recovered on what was clearly a forward pass. Sq run game stalled in the 2nd half and BE Had a ton of things go right for them to win it. Not so sure the best team won this game, but that's why they play the game. Usually a team that rushes for over 300 yards wins, but Sq was in the Santa Claus giving mode. Way too many mistakes, credit BE for making the most of them.

You are correct, granted Sehome beats Bellingham.
Lynden 1 with win over SQ
BE 2 with win over SW, BE out with loss to SW and Sehome win over Bellingham
SQ, 1 with win over LHS, 2 w/BE loss, 3 if BE wins.
SW 4 if BE wins
SEH 4 if SW wins

Lynden is already #1. Their game against Squally means nothing for seeding for Lynden. Games against Ferndale counted this season; therefore, Squally has 2 losses that count...Ferndale and BE. If Squally wins, they do get #2 then.
The rest is correct.

Right now if I were to guess the matchups for the playin games next week will be:

Lakewood (CC #1) vs SW (NWC #4)
Lynden vs Sultan
BE (NWC #2 )vs Lake Washington (Kingco 1)
ATM (CC #2) vs Squally (NWC #3)

From there if games went to higher seeds, state seedings would be:
Dist #1 1: Lakewood
Dist #1 2: Lynden
Dist #1 3: BE
Dist #1 4: ATM or Squally.

Burlington really needs a win, while unless Squally pulls an upset or BE loses, they have a tough road ahead.

If Sedro beats BE would that make Sedro the NWC #3 and create a matchup between Sedro and ATM? That would be a little interesting to see coach Ward and SW play at ATM with all that has gone on there in the past year.

I'm heading to game Friday with win they'll be second & lose they're out. A little different take on game. Squalicum failed to put Burlington away when they were dominating in fist half...let them hang around. B-E dominated the 2nd half...less than 60 total yards for Sqaulicum. Call to go for it on 4th down on first possession of 2nd half by Squalicum coach shifted momentum for game. Also getting MLB back after disciplinary stuff helped in 2nd half. On the muffed punt..happened right in front of my seats..def bounced off the returner. Call wasn't even questioned . Didn't get good view of second fumble but didn't see it being questioned at all.

This post was edited on 10/21 6:55 PM by B-E Fan

I heard the call to go for it on 4th down was in the 3rd quarter at or about the their own 35 yard line, and Squalicum was leading inthe game. If so, that makes no sense at all.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT