ADVERTISEMENT

Final: Seattle Christian-41 Nooksack-35

Rainmaker2112

Gold Member
Sep 12, 2008
Great game by unranked Pioneers to take #1 Seattle Christian to the end of the game, which wasn't decided until the final 30 seconds or so.

Seattle Christian's Lexi Peterson was basically the answer for them, but they'll need to do a better job or it could be a tough state tourney with the big target they'll have on their backs.

Refs definitely let girls play to the point where it became rediculous. Seattle Christian won't be able to rely on the refs to save them at state.

Here's a recap:

Seattle Christian goes out to double-digit lead and Collier picks up 3 fouls in first six minutes.

Halftime: Seattle Christian: 20 Nooksack Valley: 15 Peterson has 11 of SC's 20 points. Pioneers closed the gap toward the end of the half to the #1 girls team. Pioneers have it manageable and with SC bigs getting in foul trouble have a chance to beat the #1 & 2 teams within a week.

End of 3 quarters: SC: 28 Nooksack 21

Both teams struggled to get shots to fall.

4th quarter:

Seattle Christian goes up by 9. Nooksack closes to within 3 points on big 3-pointers by Austen Beard. Fouls by both teams and some sloppy play leads to few points.

Some great play by Peterson who was held to 5 points in second half and non-calls by the refs led to final result.

Seattle Christian - #1 seed - need to cleanup their play before State

Nooksack Valley - #2 seed - gained nothing but more confidence going into State
This post was edited on 2/27 8:21 PM by Rainmaker2112

Rainmaker - Well put. I was at the game. Good defensive teams will succeed against SC. Defense wins games. And, I liked Nooksack's "heart" tonight. They were out to win it and it showed. Good luck at State to them.
This post was edited on 2/27 11:25 PM by 2thefence

I agree. I stayed after the boys game for a part of this. I do not think Seattle Christian will win it again. They did get an easy draw so maybe the semi finals. They have great talent but are poorly coached. I saw no adjustments to any of Nooksacks gimick defenses. I was very surprised at their lack of depth and the poor use of two incredible players(I hear Pac 10 offers for both).The guy next to me saw the BCS vs SC game and said he saw the same thing.He also said WSU coach was there to watch the 2 girls from SC.
Nooksack on the other hand were well coached and just could not hit shots. Inferior talent but great adjustments and coaching by their coach.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT