ADVERTISEMENT

Grandview claims title at Lakeside Tourney..

They can claim all the tourney titles in the world, but the Class 2A State Championship is something they still don't have

Re: Grandview claims title at WSU Tourney..

Looks like Grandview could have a D-1 athlete come the Fall of 09. I think that might be a first in the girl's category.

Who? "first in the girl's category", you mean from Grandview?

Yep from Grandview. Kinzi Pooooooooooooteeeeeeeeeeeet.

I heard Kinzi was having some back problems...any news on her health clank? She was at YVCC for a couple days but wasn't getting many touches...

That's interesting Clank. With all the great volleyball players that have come out of Grandview none have gone D1? I believe it was 99' when they had a couple very talented player in which I believe their last names were Romero and Gonzalez (correct me if I'm wrong). Those girls seemed to have the size and talent to land a scholarship at the D1 level. How about the coaches daughter?

I know the Gonzalez girl blew out her knee the first pre-season scrimmage during her senior year in basketball. However, she worked very hard and had a very successful career in basketball at Northwest Nazarene University. Not too sure about the Romero girl...I think basketball was her first love.

I stand corrected...Stephanie Drier from the mid 1980's played volleyball for Oregon.

The Gonzalez girl that UnSpoken was refering to was Karmen Gonzalez who played volleyball for CBC (I believe) after high school, not her younger sister Kara, who blew out her knee but went on to play bball at NNU. Gonzalez and Kron played for CBC and Romero played for Walla Walla from Class of '99. A few years late Kelsey Hawn played for Whatcom CC. LaFever played for a small 4 year in Portland, Warner Pacific. Francine Andrews, Teagan Johnston, and Mari Cornejo all played for YVCC at one point. And Keitha Roberston played at Walla Walla. I think that's all that went on from G-view recently.

Poteet is prolly the tallest to come out of Grandview, LaFever may be about the same height, but Poteet is leaner and can move quicker on defense. It's about time some of the Grandview girls got attention from big schools. Romero, Gonzalez, and Kron were seniors the first year Grandview placed at State, so the program wasn't getting much attention yet then which may be why Romero didn't go further than Walla Walla.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT