ADVERTISEMENT

Hardwood Classic Programs

FilmDoesn'tLie

Oct 11, 2012
Perhaps, it was just me, but I was left a bit disappointed with the attention to detail in the $6 programs. First let me say, I appreciate the hard work and effort put forth by those who put it together, since I know from the experience of putting out home game programs for my team this year what a huge job it is just trying to get the details right. I totally understand how hard it is to turn around this publication in the short window between the day of the draw and publishing for three tournaments. Yes, the WIAA is saving money by not renting the facility another day for 16 teams, but I found it very disappointing to not have teams that made the "state regionals" pictured or mentioned other than in the team wins. Outstanding athletes from this year on teams that were not at the tournament are also overlooked. Could there have been a 2012-13 league leaders page? I guess what prompted me to post this were the errors from pages like tourney records that are carried over year over year with minor updates that could have been prepped and edited long before the seeding. Well, that and the absence of the loss to CPC on the King's results page. :)

totally agree, though dealing with multiple schools has got to be tough. Make all 16 submit stuff the Monday after the final 16 is determined and make a program for two weeks. they'd make way more money, it would feel a lot more like state. the individual stuff would be really hard, though you'd think at a minimum they could list the all-league players at state. king's didn't lose to CPC this past year, they just ran out of time and the refs hammered them because they were nisqually refs that hate kings. none of those refs qualified for state, by the way...
wink.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT