ADVERTISEMENT

How smart can this coach be?

JimmRatt

Jan 26, 2004
This note from the Seattle Times on Tuesday...

Jeff Helmer, who has signed with Arizona State, said he is not turning out because of conflicts with Jackson's Eric Hruschka, who coaches cross country and track. Helmer was the defending 4A state champion in the 3,200 and also won 4A state cross country last fall.

Helmer said he recently began talking to officials at the Washington Interscholastic Activities Association about the possibility of competing for another high school while staying at Jackson.

How difficult can this be? It's not like the kid hogs the ball or anything.....

Oops, there goes another 10 points.......

I would be shocked if he is allowed to compete for another school.It would open the door for "I don't like the coach I wanna go somewhere else.

Or how much of a problem can this athlete be?????

Obviously somebody coached him to his high honors last year??? Nobody in the state of Washington can go to school at one high school and participate for another...You MUST compete at the school that you are enrolled in.....Jim Ratt, where on earth do you get your info for track and field???? Get a clue...ha,ha.....

Re: Or how much of a problem can this athlete be?????

I agree with your statement "or how much of a problem can this athlete be?" To amny athletes today are only concerned with "me!" And college coaches today are more and more asking "what kid of kid is he?" Meaning they are looking at character, can this kid be depended on? Can he be depended on to do the right thing or be a pain in the ass?

How much do you want to bet . . .

that the WIAA lets him compete somewhere!!!! Hey they let Sealth do their thing. Maybe it's time to dump or totally restructure the WIAA!!

Mike C. take some control and stand up to your position!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT