ADVERTISEMENT

Is it too early...

football104050

Sep 17, 2011
to start talking about next year. Both lynden and atm return some talented players. What other teams can we expect to be contenders in 2012?

It doesnt matter. Lynden will repeat. Its in their blood. they are on the exact same path as the 09 team was. Win as freshmen, lose as sophomores, win junior and return everyone, win senior. They will win state.

That being said, lynden will have a new schedule next season and i have no doubt that kramme will try to schedule a 3A or 4A power house. if they do that, i dont think lynden has what it takes to compete with the likes of O'dea, Lakes, Skyline, or Bellevue. it will be a humbling experience for those kids.

2012 WA state champs: Lynden Lions with a record of 13-1.

you heard it here first.

Lynden should be the favorites for sure. Return a whole lot, have the experience, coach that will push them... I'd give them about a 50-55% chance or the repeat, considering it's a year away and all that can happen during a season including injuries and such (doubled playing higher classification power programs) that's pretty good odds.

ATM I'd give the lion share of the 45-50% left because they return so much and have A++ tradition and program standing as well. Plus the championship was really an either way affair. I think you run that game 10 times ATM takes four of them.

Then there's a handful of dark horses for the 10-15% chance left. Othello, Prosser, Tumwater and WF West come to mind as teams that could upset either on the right day with the stars just so.

However, there's many a slip twixt a cup and the lip.

100% agree with this. It's obvious from what i've heard thus far that Kramme is aiming high for his next preseason matchup. I don't think that scheduling Centennial the last two years was necessarily a bad decision. It was in the best interest of the team two years ago to play somebody with lesser competition, there were too many question marks on that squad and confidence needed to be established in the numerous sophomores that were going to be having big responsibilities. This squad is ready to face a team of much higher caliber, it'll point out their weaknesses and more importantly humble them. Repeating is easy to talk about but even harder to actually accomplish. That being said, i'm exciting for the 2012 season and am counting down the days till the first game of the season, wether it be Skyline, Bellevue, O'dea, or some rando school in Texas (say what??).

Random school from Texas? please. that would be a big mistake. i mean even if lynden had the money to fly them down there (i think we both know no school in texas is coming to washington) it would be a huge waste of time

Lynden brings back the vast majority of its starters. Look for them to do extremely well.
The rumor is that they play either bellevue or skyline for the first game next year. If this is the case, an undefeated season is next to impossible. Both skyline and bellevue will probably repeat next year: Lynden loses first game, goes the rest of the season on to the championship.
Archbishop should also do well. I'm looking for these two powerhouses to meet again next year in the semis or the finals. Lynden had better be careful though, cause archbishops getting really tired of being lyndens bitch.

graduated. i don't honestly see why it matters. just telling it like it is: archbishops made it to the dome 4 years in a row. 3 of those years they were eliminated by Lynden. They've got to be tired of it by now. Lynden will still do very well, i just think they should be careful if they play atm again.
This post was edited on 12/15 12:05 PM by innocentbystanderLL

ATM vs. Tumwater. I'm sure ATM's loss to tumwater the year proir in the championship game provided some incentive for them to win. Everybody knew that both teams were good, but i don't think anybody was expecting that big of a blowout.

ADVERTISEMENT