ADVERTISEMENT

Is Richlands Field Really That Fair?

varsityhopeful

Feb 10, 2005
Come on now i'm not taking anything aways from Bomber hitters but 320 down the lines and 360 dead center thats not fair at all. I saw Leid homer in the jamboree to the opposite field when he was out on his front foot Leid isn't that strong...

I'll have to agree with you on that one. 320 down the lines is a little short but not too bad. 360 to straight-away center, is a short field. I know that at Southridge it's 330 down the lines and 395 to center, a little more reasonable for a high school field. We don't need short fields like the pros, to increase the amount of HR's and draw bigger crowds. Put the fences where they should be, and let the boys play fundamental baseball.

Leid hit homeruns last year in legion so for you to to say he is not strong is just a complete joke, hes hit homeruns at southridge, moses lake, duster bowl..and plenty of others... obviously he had the strength to hit it out even when he was on his front foot

settle down....

Personally, I take nothing away from him as far as strength goes. I have seen him hit some pretty deep balls, and don't doubt his power. I just think richland's field is a little on the short side.

Re: settle down....

leid is the strongest player in the big 9...i dont wanna hear about his strength...thats what makes him so good...and i take back what i said about kamiakin being the 2nd best team...they suck...

Consider this...???

Question:
Do you really have to be strong at all to hit a fly ball 330ft in the light east side air with the high-tech aluminum bats available?

Answer:
Nope.

Re: Consider this...???

Weird response.

I am consistent on this message board that the east side teams put on a good show and play the game right. I love the passion and reverence they have for baseball and there-in lies the reason they show well at State every year. Throw good talent, and great coaching on the pile and it is obvious that baseball is alive and well in your area. Don't mistake my true statement on strength and aluminum bats as an anti-east side comment. It's baseball, man. I could care less where the State champion comes from. I just love solid prep ball and the east side represents. Keep up the good work...and use aluminum bats as long as you can!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT