ADVERTISEMENT

Jackson

Lucas99

Jun 2, 2005
Interesting article about Jackson in this morning's Times:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/sports/2003017123_bishop25.html

I have watched this team six times this year. Obviously, they are the real deal. A state championship would be great for their school, their league, and the state. If they ended up the #1 ranked team in the nation, that would really put Washington baseball on the map.

But a part of me would like to see one of the three other teams remaining knock them off. A few days ago I read an article that talked about Kurtis Kasper of Kentwood that essentially described him as a gritty 5-foot-7, 140 lb pitcher with a lot of heart that mixes his pitches well. Wouldn't that be a classic David-Goliath scenario? Kasper sounds like just the kind of pitcher that could give Jackson trouble. Of course Auburn and Tahoma might have something to say about that.

Seriously, if KW wins baseball again...then somebody needs to start checking the Lake Youngs Reservoir.

Jackson is a great team. Jackson really shows what a community can do with a select program that will feed into its high school program. We have seen this group numerous times over the years during select ball. They are a very focused and determined group and it fantastic to see all their hard work pay off.

Re: hackdad

Anyone notice he's a little quiet this morning?!? Guess that's what a solid a$$-whoopin' will do to ya! Better luck next year!

im sure his team got further than yours
This post was edited on 5/27 1:57 PM by playa#58if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

actually.... my team (well, my nephew's team) is still in it! I just possess enough class to not come on here and beat my chest. Until the season is over, that is!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT