ADVERTISEMENT

Johnny & Danny Plesha

ty2grizz

May 16, 2005
So is there anyone out there that can stop the Pleshas from winning STATE or what and don't worry because Danny is in his prime right now so the exchange student wont be competition for him!!!
This post was edited on 5/27 9:45 AM by ty2grizzif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

I know that there is no one from the east side of the state but i dont know about the west. Danny will probably be number one even if the other guy is better because Danny will roll through as number one anyways so it wont matter if he is number one or if the other guy is number one so Sunnyside is gonna DOMINATE next year.

Ghazvinian and Hayashi of Lakeside (Bellevue) are the defending champs and are back. The Pleshas can beat them, but they aren't the favorites

I think some of you guys are undermining Brantner and Collinsworth quite a bit though. The pleshas may have beat them, but dub v always gives them a run for their money. Danny and Johnny are very good, but they're are not unbeatable. The STATE title is up in the air.

No offense to Brantner and Collinsworth who are good players, but they are not state title material at 3A. Have you seen what is on the west side?? The Plesha's played great last year at state and finished 4th. I predict Brantner and Collinsworth will finish 6th at state and the Plesha's 3rd. I would love to see the two teams play for the title, but let's be realistic. The Plesha's are beatable, but if they come with they "A" game as they have twice this year against WV (6-1, 6-1 and 6-1, 6-0) WV can't touch them. That being said, if they are off (or sick) and WV is hot, then you have a match. All I know is they have played 9 (soon to be 10) times in the regular season in the past two years and several times in the summer. In all those times WV has beaten them once, and that was when Johnny was injured. No disrespect to WV, they are great. They are all the Plesha's have for competition.

yea i hear ya. the pleshas are gonna really be tough for anyone to stop if johnny is playing well. the only way that they can loose is for johnny not to play well then they are beatable. Brantner/Collinsworth have only beat them once and everytime they have taken a set off of the pleshas johnny has not plaid well, but turned his game around once they down. i don't think the WV team has too much of a shot at state because of the underhand serving. it might catch one team off guard but don't count too much on it. LEI IS STILL GOING TO WIN, but then loose the first round of state.

all my point was is that brantner and collinsworth deserve some respect, and danny and johnny are really good but not unstopable, I realize there are really good teams on the west side. I think the most likely situation could be 3rd and 6th like you were saying though.

whatever. state will be a whole new story. i hope. it wasn't much of a match today, but it can go from an 0-0 lost to a victory with some good playing from WV and bad playing of Johnny.

You can go to the WIAA website (wiaa.com) and look under the tennis section. It doesn't have the names posted yet, but does have where the seeds from each region will be.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT