ADVERTISEMENT

LC-Hoquiam

addicted2ball

Nov 4, 2012
What's the word on Hoquiam? Havn't seen very much posts about them. Who are their guys and what do they do?

Hoquaim is not your typical 4 seed. They have battled on and off the court battles and used lots of different line ups.Yet right at the crucial time they have everyone back. They are 19-5 through all that with the fire power to play with anyone. They are not very consistant but can be lethal. LC better be ready for them. Hoquaim has the potential to give them a run. The posts are big ( 2 at 6-6)including the state high jump champion and are great rebounders. That could give LC fits on the boards. If they can shoot it well this one could be close. LC should have the edge with experience and big game poise though.
The SW #4 last year took LC down to the wire a year ago. It may happen again if they are not careful.

Upsets are a part of every basketball tournament. Last year I watched Franklin Pierce knock out Squalicum which had just won our District Tournament. I can't imagine Roger DeBoer not having his team ready for this game. I do believe Hoquiam is sneaky good, although they just lost to a LaCenter team they recently beat. After the gauntlet LC just survived, my money is on the Lyncs.

Warrant3 I do agree with you. LC should be prepared.Nothing has been easy for them. Why start now!

Those teams down there always seem well coached. Onalaska, the team that gave LC a run before eventually losing by about 6-8, has always been one of the best coached teams in the state. I agree with Warrant though. LC should win this one. Who knows by how much with them. Could be 20 could be 5. Are those posts big time scorers?

Coaches always find something to worry about. This time of the year the coach generally likes 3-4 days off and that's it.

This post was edited on 2/19 5:25 PM by Warrant3

yeah I can't imagen LC not being prepared for this one. The fact that the game is at MV will help them alot as well they played there last year against kings and played very well. Also will be quite a trip for hoquiam. I expect the place to be rocking. I hear they are handing out white out shirts for the first 400 people or something like that.

Haha typical Roger Deboer. Always finding a way to tie his Cloud 9 business into it. Love the guy. LC Grant Wolffis' dad is the head coach at Mount Vernon. One of the classic gyms in the state. LC tends to play well there throughout their history. LC should win this by 15-20 i think

Don't know much about Hoquiam, but sounds like it could be a better game than I earlier thought. I completely agree that some of the south west teams are some of the best coached teams. I feel that these teams aren't as talented but just so well coached they can stay in games. Onalaksa made a game of it with LC last year because they knew everyone of LCs plays just as well as LC did. And the year before that they beat LC because they knew the plays to the T. You can bet if the Onalaksa Coach and the Hoquiam coach get along at all he will be sharing with him. But i feel that DeBoer will have the Lyncs prepared for this one. I pick LC by 10.

Totally agree... Both are very well coached and both will have their teams prepared. LC is close to home and more experienced in big games i think...ill take LC by 15.

Any reasons Hooper? Because LC hasn't lost to a 1A team in 2 years, lost to #1 2A ranked Lynden in OT, and just beat 2 of the top 4 ranked teams in the state

I really don't believe this game being that close. After I saw hoquiam play kalama (they had all the players back) i feel they won't be near disciplined enough to contain reimer, and also get out on shooters. they struggled getting out on shooters and contesting shots. so against LC's abundance of shooters in a good shooters gym i don't think there will be a way they can take LC. but it is the postseason so anything can happen as well more focused efforts by both teams. I think that could be a big key to the game. I expect it to be 15-20 point win by the Lyncs.

LC by 12..I dont know i thing about hoquiam i dont even know where they are located in washington...but the word on the street is that they have several guys 6 foot 6 so that could be a factor for them but i think LC is to strong for them, they will be close to home so a ton of fans will come out and I dont see Hoquiam taking them down after that great show of defence agaist Cedar Park. LC should have the usual 4 to 5 guys with 10+ points but i hope to see Scholten giving them a spark off the bench

I agree they have a very balanced lethal attack. All there starters can put up 10+ and they rotate 6 guys in their starting linup and along with it they don't lose much going to the bench

I expect the Hoquiam boys to play inspired basketball today. After watched the LC girls run up the score on their classmates last night, I think the Grizzlies are going to be displaying a little extra motivation today.

Haha. What are the Grizzlies going to do Warrant? Take out all 7 LC players that can score? I listened to the girls game on the radio. Was it running up the score or simply out matched top to bottom? Should the LC subs, that don't get in very much, hold the ball for 1 shot? This is state. Just sayin'.

I was just going to come on and say that I hope the Hoquiam boys have a little more grit in them than the girls did... I don't really fault LC for running up the score last night. No regular starter saw any 4th quarter minutes and LC still outscored them - This is playoffs and teams should be expected to be trying their hardest and playing their best ball. LC did that and Hoquiam was not remotely up to the challenge.

Seriously man, are you guys really that naive? DeHaan has been running up the score on outmanned opponents for years. We''ll just have to wait and see how much spunk the Grizzlies have today.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

So can you explain to me what DeHaan should have done last night after the 1st quarter? I'm interested to hear what you would have done. You've coached. 20 points can be erased in a heart beat in HS basketball.

No hard feelings Warrant just curious. BTW can you wear that red shirt again tonight? It was good luck to both LC teams last Saturday.

Lol! What was the score at the half....53-4? Play the starters for the first 1:30 of the 3rd and clear the bench. HaHa, nice try on the "red" shirt angle. I haven't watched the LC girls all year.
wink.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 2/23 11:56 AM by Warrant3

Only 43-2. Come on. If you didn't see the game you can't comment on it. Ha. Seriously I don't know what type of team it will take to beat those LC girls. Good bigs and great guards. They are rollin' and only 1 senior and another very very good freshmen coming next year. Sorry, this is a boys forum.

Lol. Only 43-2, well excuse me. That changes everything.

This post was edited on 2/23 10:48 PM by Warrant3

Can't really say "you guys" when talking to me talking about the Lyncs - check the name: I'm a green and gold Lion :)

But looks like the LC boys had what it took to get the job done down in MV tonight anyway, regardless of any extra motivation on Hoquiam's part. City of Lynden isn't sending all 4 teams to Yakima like last year, but 3 out of 4 isn't too bad!

You mean that "extra motivation" I spoke about didn't result in a Hoquiam win? I'm stunned! Actually, if you look back at my pick for this game, I had the Lyncs. I never changed my pick. No matter what your moniker is, if you post on this thread you are free game to respond to. By the way, the Lions played well last night, particularly in the second half.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT