ADVERTISEMENT

Mabton 44 Sunnyside Christian 37

chrismac

Oct 27, 2003
Sunnyside went on top early but Mabton fought back for the win! Very well played defensive game for both teams. Christian came out and boxed the Zavala kid and Mabton came out with tough man to man.

Hats off to Mabton. After losing Valencia to Grandview, I felt they were not going to compete. I'm glad I was proved wrong. Congrats to Mabton on a hard fought win. Zavala has been great for Mabton stepping up and taking the team on his shoulders. On another note, Valencia is doing well for the Hounds and has been a great defensive threat. He had 34 points against East Valley which allowed the Hounds to go undefeated in league. Great to see him finally playing his game. Congrats to him on reaching the 1,000-point plateau on Thursday night giving him 1,006 for his high school career.

I agree a hundred percent. When we found out we lost Valencia we were shell shocked, we knew we still had four starters back but to lose a kid with his potential and ability is hard to replace. Dont give Zavala all of the credit though. This is a total team effort. Some kids have stepped up big for Mabton and I'm glad to see them in the title game and a chance for state.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT