ADVERTISEMENT

Mark Morris 44, Hockinson 33

HockSports

Jun 5, 2007
Nasty game, very physical and sloppy game. Hockinson led 16-15 at halftime. The Monarchs picked things up a bit in the second half. Hockinson missed key free throws down the stretch and missed a couple opportunities to bring it within two.

Monarchs remain in first place in a pretty weak 2A GSHL.

Crowd was a raucous one, a couple Hockinson kids got the boot for harassing Rem Bakamus, son of MM coach Bill Bakamus.

Doug McDonald did a tremendous job limiting Bakamus. No field goals for him this game, he was huge from three-point land in the first meeting.

Lot of calls being let go (the way it should be in my opinion).

Hockinson can clinch second place in the GSHL with a win over Washougal next week.

Mark Morris pretty much has first place locked up.

Hock: nice recap! Always like to hear from you on the GSHL. How does MM team compare to the past few years? They always seem physical and ready to play. You see Hockinson in the Tourney this year?

-Passion8

Passion: Thanks! Just like to provide the north/east a little insight on SW.

MM is weaker than previous years in my opinion (as is the GSHL entirely). MM, though, with Bakamus, is capable of making the tourney. He will always keep his guys competitive.

No real big guys, MM has been shorter in recent years. But they will definitely compete with almost anybody. Not sure if they'll be able to make a run at state, I haven't seen many north teams play, but they're definitely at least capable of getting there.

Hockinson, honestly, I don't see making the tournament. They really don't have a go-to, consistent player that they can depend on any night in tough situations.

Hayden Hall has put up a few real solid games, but teams like MM are usually quick to get him out of the game. He was held scoreless last night.

From what I hear, the Evergreen league (who GSHL plays for Districts) is actually down this year as well. And two of the top teams from up there beat Hockinson. MM beat both Evergreen teams that they played (Tumwater, WF West)

I am pulling for the Hawks to make the tournament but I wouldn't expect it. Mark Morris looks to be the most likely candidate from the GSHL for a state bid.
This post was edited on 1/28 10:35 AM by HockSports

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT