ADVERTISEMENT

Need help from fellow nw-leaguers...

cougarhouse

Jun 10, 2003
Stuck at work tonight...need some nwl scores please. Especially Lynden-Bellingham. But anything local will help! Details too.......

Thanks a bunch!

P.S. Sehome won at Burlington 62-51

This post was edited on 2/3 9:20 PM by cougarhouseif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

Lynden - Bellingham = Lynden NWL Title! Good call raindance!

Raindance, your call of 20 points was pretty remarkable. I think the final was 66 to 45 or something like that. I thought it was going to be closer than that! Lynden shut down Henefin again, keeping him to 13 points along with one other raider. Granted, he did almost make a pretty sweet circus shot over the backboard.
Lynden:
Bolt - 18
Dallas - 13
Bomber - 13

Bellingham:
Henefin - 13 I don't think he had 10+ assists.
Wilcox - 13 The other player in double digits

Congrats to the Lynden Lions for making the worst to first run! This league has been intersting so far. Can't believe that B-E gave up a game to Sehome. Anybody have some details on the Ferndale/Anacortes and Squalicum/Sedro games?

Anacortes beat ferndale by about 7...had a 26 point lead in the third quarter but the golden eagles caused a lot of turnovers...Locker had 21 and he was the only person in doubles...Anacortes had 4 in doubles...it's going to be interesting with the last two games...if any team ties for fifth...they have to go to a playoff...even if one team beat the other two times, etc.

Lynden/Bellingham

Raindance called the score pretty well. And Postal kept Henifin to 13 exactly...and Scizzo was once again wrong (no where near 10+ assists). After observing the game I noticed that Henefin is really a ball hog. This is my first time seeing him play, but he shot the ball...16 times? and made only 4? He also shot somewhere near 12 to 15 free throws which was another 6 or 7 shots. If you count the number of turnovers he had..he probably ended Bellingham's possesion with the ball 70% of the time. In my opinion that isnt MVP numbers he posted.

Re: Lynden/Bellingham

ur right he had played bad, the worst he has played all year long, but i still think he's the mvp. He is not a ball hog by any means...when ur on a team where the coach has them running the worst offense possible, he has to take a lot of shots, unfortunately for him they were not dropping. If crawford was still here coaching bellingham would be in lyndens spot, and henifin would be averaging 25. He would be getting the ball down low all night long and he is unstoppable in the post...nobody in the nwl could guard him down low, which is why i still don't know why he isn't posting up at all.

hes averaging 16 points, 12 boards, 5 assists, 6 steals and 5 blocks

:) Just curious... how does a persons shot % change with a different style offense? If he's 4/13 in one offense, wouldn't that make him 8/26 in another with him shooting more??? If you use lay-in's as an excuse, I will counter with an MVP being more versatile than that.
This post was edited on 2/6 6:59 PM by Postal91if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

MVP???

Great question... I appreciate you asking me, but personally, I can't say. This league has some incredible players/talent in it. I haven't even tried to figure that one out. When it comes to Henefin, I just couldn't see myself giving a vote to him if I had one. He is a stud, no denying that... it's just he's not the polished player that you would expect an MVP to be.

Anyways, my thoughts are more towards who is going to the dance. Now that, I would be more than happy to comment on. Top 3 go, if I am not mistaken... right?

That's bull man...i have the stats rite here as of last week before we played them...15 points, 7 boards, and three assists...i don't kno about steals and blocks but I think you're exaggerating quite a bit...yes zach is good, but you boost his numbers up a bit...

Re: MVP???

BAXTER............doubled, tripled......night in, night out...........they all try to stop him. He only has Leech to depend on. He is the focal point of the Defensive game plan when playing against Sehome.

Henifin in the POST?..........HE'S A SLASHER WITH NO LEFT HAND OR LEFT HAND COUNTER MOVES using his athletism to get by at the High School level. HE works from the outside in just like he did last year under Crawford. HE's a CC player right now. Do you think he could play at Western under Brad Jackson? Could he be a SMART player like Grant Dykstra? Does he actually got the goods in his DOME to get to D1 0r D2 program. Sorry.....I just don't see it panning out. Toby Siem was a hell of a leaper and was as athletic as I have seen, but where did he go.....CC.
This post was edited on 2/11 10:49 AM by Oldshoesif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

Stats are in his Daddys PDA...........sitting next to the Radio guys.

first of all, toby is my roomate so i can tell you that the only reason he didn't go d1 was his grades. And he went to north seattle not whatcom u idiot.

And for whoever said zack was averaging 7 rebounds and 3 assists you dont know what ur talking about. Hes had more than 7 boards every game i bet, and my bro gets a new stat sheet after all the games so my stats are right, nice try though....Do any of you idiots know what mvp stands for??? MOST VALUABLE PLAYER!! It's not just about who scores the most points, you gotta be an all-around player, and thats exactly why Zack is the mvp of the league. Why do you think steve nash was mvp last year, because he gets everyone on his team involved including himself, while leading his team to the "W".

And for whoever said Zack is a C.C. player, I mean come on. He would dominate at the C.C. level.

How could he dominate at the C.C. level if he isn't dominating at the high school level? He would be a solid starter at the C.C. level but not dominate.

no he would dominate...i know hella people that play at C.C.'s and he would dominate...if you dont know what ur talking about then don't write stuff. Community college hoops is way different than high school, its more one on one and isolation types of offenses than team play.

hahahahahahahaha, oh this is priceless. Thanks for the laughs, Scizzo. You are always an entertaining read.

you (Scizzo) said that the most valuable player is best all-around player, not high scorer, but the guy that gets everyone involved. And Henefin gets everyone involved how? By having the ball in his hand 75% of the time? Thats getting everybody involved? I think not...

if most valuable player is a team player that leads his team to victory, it goes to Brady Bomber, a sophomore. I AM NOT SAYING HE WILL GET IT, CUZ HE WONT. But he fits the description. He is there for his team when times get down, he works HARD, and he has a sweet shot.

But you could say that about a lot of players...especially from the Lynden squad...who by the way is goign to win the league with 1 loss (not 3 like everyone said). Also, Baxter fits that role..but both times I saw him player he didnt do too hot so I dont know how this MVP will work out, but Henefin is atleast 4th...maybe 5th on my list behind a couple Lynden guys, Sehome, and maybe even a Squali or B-E player.

haha jake locker defensive player of the year?? Zack averages 12 rebounds, 6 steals and 5 blocks a game. not to mention last night he shut the nwl leading scorer down everytime they had a 1 on 1 match-up....actually no kohl drove by him once, but if you were at the game you could tell kohl was intimidated. How could he not be the defensive player of the year?? It's pretty obvious that either kohl or zack should be the offensive player of the year, and zack should get the defensive award hands down.

baxter was the leading scorer of the game. I was at the game and baxter had all of his points in the 2nd when bham was in there man. he also had 14 boards.

ur an idiot...i said when zack was guarding him he couldn't do a damn thing. zack was giving him the jumper all day but he wouldnt settle for that, which is probably why hes the leading scorer in the league, he takes good shots.

every time he was guarding him one on one he did...ask anyone who was at the game...ask kohl

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT