ADVERTISEMENT

Nisqually Tiebreakers?

FilmDoesn'tLie

Oct 11, 2012
This may be of interest to those looking ahead to the D1/2/3 tri-districts. The Nisqually League wrapped up the regular season last night and at the end of 16 games, it was left with a tie between 2nd & 3rd and also 4th & 5th. Four teams will move on to tri-districts. I thought head to head then point differential may be used, but Twitter mentioned an added Friday play-in tiebreaker game between Eatonville and Cascade Christian played at neutral Orting. I am not sure what is up yet with the Vashon & Seattle Christian tie. This is just my opinion after watching these squads, but one of those two teams may end up as the best of the 1A teams that won't be playing in the post season. Stay tuned or post a reply if you know more.

if an extra game is the option, other than the fact that one of the teams will not be advancing, it seems pretty sensible if there is indeed a tie, though it seems unfair for Seattle Christian to have to beat Vashon a THIRD time this year, so would think that there wouldn't be an extra game for 4th. having to wait from 2/5 to 2/14 before getting to play another game (ECL has the same set-up I think) is a LONG time to wait for the next game, particularly when they count as much as they do now, so teams probabyl would welcome an extra competitive game. Given that SA just squeaked by Eastside Prep by about 60 points, as I see it, they will have gone about two weeks without any real competition before having to play District1 #1--probably LC. can't see that that helps them at all.

Seattle Christian wins the tie-breaker by beating Vashon twice. SC now plays Port Townsend in a pigtail game on Saturday the 9th at 5:15. The winner will be the District 3 #4 seed to the Tri-District playoffs.

And yes, CCS plays Eatonville for 2nd and 3rd at 7:00 on Friday at Orting High School.

FOH

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT