ADVERTISEMENT

**NWC Pick'Em 2012** Standings and Week 6 Picks

football_fever3

Sep 23, 2006
Sorry I am so late this week getting this up. Hopefully everyone has a chance to get their picks in over the next 24 hours plus.

That said, here are the current standings:

1. Scorebooks 26
1. believeinone 26
1. SmallPox 26
4. NWC Fballfan 24
4. LW-Observer 24
4. Little_Lion_Man 24
4. innocentbystanderLL 24
8. Rainmaker2112 23
8. BE Fan 23
10. borderite2000 22
10. Football_fever3 22
12. Runhardrunfree 19
13. shs2209 17
14. LTWG&G 9

In order to spice up the Pick'Em a little bit, I figured I would throw in some 1A matchups (and maybe even some out of conference picks every now and then). Hope that is alright with everyone, but figured we could use a little variety as the last few weeks, the picks in the NWC have been a bit, how should I put it, easy.

Anyways, here are this weeks matchups. Again, hope everyone is able to get picks in before tomorrow night's deadline (7pm).

Mt Baker @ Lynden Christian
Blaine @ Friday Harbor
Sehome @ Burlington
Ferndale @ Sedro
Anacortes @ Squalicum
Bellingham @ Lynden
GOTW Meridian @ Nooksack

Mt. Baker - Bigger, tougher, more physical team wins this one...

Blaine - Friday Harbor is certainly improved, but I don't think they can contain the Blaine running game.

Burlington - again, Sehome is better than they have been, and had a good offensive showing against Lynden outside of turnovers, but Burlington's experience and offense rolls them over.

Ferndale - They seem to be tougher than I thought they would be at the start of the year.

Squalicum - not convinced Squally is as good as their record might suggest, but they're certainly better than Anacortes.

Lynden - I was on the fence for this one until it was pointed out that Vis was suiting up. OK, I might have gone ahead and picked them anyway, but he certainly doesn't hurt!

GOTW: I'm going Nooksack... always is a good game - advantage home team...

Great idea to add some games!

Baker
Blaine
BE
Ferndale
Squally
Lynden
Meridian

Mt. Baker.....Big
Blaine.....Might be closer than some would think
Burlington.....Sehome is a bit banged up
Ferndale....Running game is chugging along
Squalicum....The Storm takes care of business early
Lynden....Bellingham has no answers for the Lions
Nooksack......in triple OT....let's say 48-47

Mt Baker by a lot
Blaine by a lot
Burlington by a lot more than first two games
Ferndale by a little less than triple digits
Squalicum by a little less than a lot
Lynden by four "Bakers Dozen"
GOTW Nooksack in a track meet and by the closest margin of victory this week

Baker OVER LC: Seen the Mounties in person, and I highly doubt LC will be able to stand up to their physical style of football. As much as Baker laid it to NV last week, highly doubtful that the same things doesnt happen again, if not worse.

Blaine OVER Friday Harbor: Gobbatto left, right, straight forward, and around. That is all Blaine seems to be again. Can Friday Harbor slow him down. I think the answer is no. But can they slow him down enough to give them a chance in the end. I think this game ends up being close.

Burlington OVER Sehome: Sehome is a well improved team with some great football players. One can see they putting things together each and every week. That said, their kids are yet to truly believe I think. Their time will come, but I dont think this is the year. A Tigers win sets up a showdown with Lynden next week for the top 2A spot.

Ferndale OVER Sedro: Two WingT's battling it out. Ferndale simply has far superior athletes. Won't be close.

Squalicum OVER Anacortes: Again, Anacortes simply can not put the ball in the endzone enough to put itself in a position to win very many football games. Squalicum will enjoy one final "easy" game before 3 tough games to close things out.

Lynden OVER Bellingham: This one could get ugly and fast. The Raiders gave up a ton of yards against Sedro last week. The same team that the Lions kept absolutely in check a couple weeks back. Not to mention the potent Lion's offense is getting a big boost in the return of Zach Vis.

Meridian OVER Nooksack: Wish I could go see this game, but can't skip out on a home Lions game. I am simply choosing the Trojans because of their win over Sehome. Like I said before, I think Sehome is a much improved team. The Trojans have a good group of DB's. If they can get pressure on Myhre, this game is theirs for the taking.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT