Ferndale @ Lynden:
-Lynden 71 - 50 Locker fouls out with 4:35 to go in the 3rd

Bellingham - Anacortes:
-Bellingham 52 - 47

Burlington - Squalicum:
-Burlington 53 - 52

Sedro - Sehome:
-hahaha Sehome 73 - 40

Sorry, Burlington has been playing really strong and I had to choose them as the upset. :)
This post was edited on 1/31 2:40 PM by Postal91if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

Re: NWL Friday Night Predicts???

I beleive these are being played tonight Tuesday

Yeah, thanks, it's my friday. :) Long week, if you couldn't tell.

Lynden vs. Ferndale
Lynden wins: 81-59....something tells me Lynden is gonna rip them apart and put up a Kobe, I will be wrong tho haha, I dont see Ferndale scoring much tonight though.

Bellingham vs. Anacortes
Bellingham wins: 53-42....Bellingham is back on track, only to have to play Lynden Friday.

Burlington vs. Squalicum
Squalicum wins: 55-48....late BE run comes up short as Squalicum shoots lights out in first half.

Sehome vs. Sedro
Sehome wins: 62-40....better luck next year Sedro!

Lynden won by 2, like 64-62 or something in that range. It was one of the worst called games i have ever seen in my life though. Ferndale played a good game though, u have to give them credit. They just kept driving the ball into the lane on almost every possesion it seemed like.

Lyn-Fern

I haven't heard a crowd come down on calls that loud in years. Plenty to be upset with on both sides. Credit to Ferndale for playing with them the whole way, but Lynden made the FT's to hold them off.

Also, Burlington beat Squalicum in ot 60-57.
This post was edited on 1/31 10:13 PM by cougarhouseif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}
This post was edited on 1/31 10:14 PM by cougarhouseif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

Lyn-Fern... Glad there is still HS Football this time of year!

I couldn't agree more with the statement "Worst called games." The short fat ref was seriously either related to locker, paid off by ferndale or truly in love with him. Dallas D'd him up and pissed him off, only to have the ref's get on Lockers side. Best call... well 2 calls... Locker was trying to go around the D and FELL DOWN! Dallas, guarding him about a foot away, gets the blocking foul. (CONTESTED BY CROWD) Then, after Locker forearmed Dallas to the floor (blatant and not called by the refs), he get's another call from the ref and gets a T on Lynden. HORRIBLE JOB REF'ING... no wonder he got kicked out of ferndale for a year. Locker had 6 fouls with his technical... Curious, don't T's count as personals?

The only reason Ferndale stayed in the game was with the help of the refs. Ferndale drove late only because of the fact that if Lynden was within 1 foot of the offensive player... FOUL. This is no joke.

Scorers:

Bomber, Kok, Webb and Bolt... double figures if I am not mistaken

Re: Lyn-Fern... Glad there is still HS Football this time of year!

I will be the first to admit that i was totally wrong about Ferndale. I said they werent gonna score and they were gonna give up 80+ points. I was wrong, they played way better than vs. Burlington (i am assuming cuz i didnt see that game). Nice job.

For the refs...most terrible game I have seen. Has anybody noticed that there arent any good reffed games? I am not saying there arent good refs because I know that it is a hard task, but what I saw out there tonight was pathetic. Hopefully, districts and state refs are better because all the NWL guys deserve good refs.

Go Postal..... I haven't heard a Lynden fan cry about the refs like you since Blaine & NV kicked your ass in the Old WCL. I came over to watch this game from Sumas. And I tell you it was the first time since Jake Mayberry's fist year that I saw a even game as far as calls on the Lynden court.
The Ferndale team is a talented group! I think Locker & Wilgus are true players. Wilgus reminds me of Doug Groves, WCL leading scorer & rebounder in 1977. Locker has the talent to score 24+ a game with a couple of adjustments. Playing him low is great but he's a point or shooting guard in any other offense other than Ferndale's. They need to play a little more of a up-tempo/finess game and they could make the playoffs. Coaching was.......?
This post was edited on 2/1 1:21 AM by BigHSBallif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

You have some serious animosity towards Lynden. Which is why you appear to think the game was an evenly called game. I'll let the readers make the calls about your message, since it's easy to see through it. Have fun with the past and your stats.

I agree Postal. BigHSBalls is the only one that thinks that the game was called close. When 3 people say it was bad and one person thinks it was fair, which one doesn't belong?

are you people serious??? Anybody that has watched any ferndale games this year knows that we get screwed every single game and now we get ONE fairly called game and people freak out. Anybody that heard about or was at the ferndale burlington game. THAT was the worst officiating ever. The foul breakdown at the end of the game was like Ferndale 35- burlington like 9 or something. Why are referees out to get ferndale? Lynden was a fair game cause it was the only game (other than the sehome game) that ferndale didnt get totally screwed by the referees. Not only does jake get fouled out EVERY GAME and now he gets s Technical every game....for what??? Yeah nothing. I happen to know that he is not the type of guy that gets technical fouls, he doesnt talk to the referees he isnt an unsportsmanlike player or anything. In the bham game he get a T for untucking his jersey???? are you kidding me? in the burlington game he got a T for saying "its about time" when, at that time the fouls were 8-1(in burlingtons favor). Its hard enough that he gets picked on every game and gets called for breathing on somebody. He gets pissed off when he is puppeted by the refs that basically control him and dont let him play basketball. Its a physical sport and little girls from other schools in the NWL fall down everytime they are touched. Come on, basketball is a physical sport. Ferndale plays physical and gets called for every ticky tack thing and other teams play physical and they get away with it. It is rediculous what some players and teams get away with that ferndale gets called for EVERY time. IM not saying that our guys dont foul, they do, but its the fact that they get called for stuff that EVERY other team gets away with. Any nuetral fan that doesnt have a bias toward any school in the NWL would have to admit that.......

P.S. im not speaking toward anyone in particular, i am just getting that off my chest because i have basically gone to every ferndale basketball game this season and have been astonished by how badly the refing is. After the game @ bellingham, i thought it couldnt get any worse, and then the burlington game came along. I think im speaking for plenty of people from ferndale that are sick of getting totally screwed at every basketball game. Its hard to win an f-ing game like this... and now that we finally... FINALLY get a fair game and some people are complaining. After football season, what?... that was enough, ferndale doesnt deserve anything else, not even a fair game in bball?? i just dont get it.
This post was edited on 2/2 8:41 PM by G-E-unit50if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

ADVERTISEMENT