ADVERTISEMENT

Othello the best Football team in all of Central Washington ?

Quincyfan05

May 17, 2008
After seeing Othello beat Prosser (Prosser beat Kamiakin) by a couple TD's, Othello is only a 2A school but could they beat any team in the Big 9 or Mid Columbia League? Are they the best High School team in Central Washington?

Maybe, not so sure though. Prosser did out gain them yardage wise, and you take away the 10 point swing on the blocked fg attempt by the Stangs and it was a close ball game...just saying. I do think the Central Washington 3A and 4A schools are down a bit from last year though.

I wouldn't overlook Cashmere and Royal either... The Othello-Connell games in years past have shown me that the difference between 1A and 2A isn't that big.

The best team in central WA... possibly, if not the best, very close to the best. Yes prosser may have had more yards, but at the end of the day, i think what's on the scoreboard is what really matters. Every year is different with 1a, 2a, etc..... We'll never really know b/c they'll never play each other. Othello plays Connell week 1 every year, last year was a great game, this year Othello blew them out. So my point is, i think every year is different, we cant compare to years past. As for this year, i happened to be at the Othello-Prosser game, and the huskies are a team to keep an eye on. Great defense, great recievers, decent running game, and a good QB. Royal and Cashmere also have a good team this year, they should do fairly well in the playoffs this year.

Replay you are right, Cashmere and Royal can play with the top teams of any league in Central Washington. Still think Othello is the best team around through.

That's great news for the Huskies. Hopefully we'll be seeing them come late November and even December.

All of this is assuming that Kamiakin is the best team in the MCC and Big 9. Which I doubt, they beat Sunnyside on the last play of the game.Everyone is playing Kamiakin tough, I do think the Conference is down a tad though. IKE, with there D1 QB and Moses Lake is about as good as Ive seen them in a decade maybe. Wenatchee has a few D1 players, Richland plays a similar style to Othello but Richland is known for having big tough lineman and linbackers, the point is that I think all these teams mentioned could still beat Othello this season

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT