ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: best player in Eastern Washington?

spokaloo

Jun 5, 2004
Doesn't matter the level, just a fun question. If they played, who would win?? I know I'm going to leave some out, so if you like someone else, who is it?

i think it is danny plesha. reason is he beat floyd 6-4 then in the second set 6-0. i dont think that has every happen to floyd in his life losing a set 6-0. but yes i think danny is the states top player in any level. 4a 3a 2a 1a b it doesnt matter hes tight.

Hey don't forget about Peter Kung...this guy won state three years in a row now and he's trying to go for four time state champ.

That's why the poll says best player in EASTERN Washington. Kung plays at Lakeside (Bellevue) Although I will say that Plesha beat a guy named Rick Mortera who finished #1 in the Northwest last year and has beaten Kung 4 straight times. If the poll was all of Washington, Kung would be on there.
This post was edited on 5/14 2:25 PM by spokalooif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

What about Almeida from Royal? I dont know how he would compare to those other guys, but i think he is one of the best and Royal is in Eastern Washington.

It's hard to say with players from smaller schools. Maybe he does belong on the list. Unless he plays some of these guys from the bigger schools, no one will ever know.

Plesha was at the Inland Empire in Spakane, did he compete in the singles?? because Logan Napolsky won the Boys No 1. singles against Ben Gullickson (L&C), I think Napolsky is probably the best in eastern washington

Plesha won the doubles title two years in a row at Inland Empire. He played singles his freshman year and took 4th. (Behind Charles Adams, Eric Husa, and Eric Wagar) It's been awhile (2003) since they played, but Plesha beat Napolsky 6-3, 6-3. I am sure Napolsky has improved, but Plesha dropped basketball this year and has focused on tennis full time. His game has improved a ton. Danny is the highest ranked USTA player in eastern washington. He is 8th in the Pacific Northwest. I think Napolsky is 22nd or so. Judging from what I saw at IE, Plesha would beat him in straight sets again.

Sounds like Nelson shouldn't have been on the list. Didn't even get top 4 in his own district. I should of added Stewart of Omak. He lost to Floyd in the title game something like 4-6, 6-1, 6-2. Sure the last two sets were spankings, but if you take Floyd to three sets then you must be good.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT