ADVERTISEMENT

Prairie begins the West Coast Jamboree tonight!

HockSports

Jun 5, 2007
Falcons are in for a tough tournament.

They open the tournament against one of the recent big names in California girls basketball.

Prairie begins tonight at 5:30 against Oak Ridge of El Dorado Hills, Calif.

Oak Ridge has been a force in the world of California basketball for a couple years. They are down this year from recent years, but they are still quite a team. Prairie must not underestimate them.

The Trojans gave the number two ranked team in California --Windward of Los Angeles-- a run for their money early in a game they played this season before falling by 19 points.

Prairie best be on their guard. Defense needs to be the Falcons biggest weapon.
This post was edited on 12/27 10:35 AM by HockSports

Dos Pueblos up next and based on what I saw online, they are a team of almost all Seniors and only one soph. That usually means they have to be very good. This should be a great game.

The Falcons traditionally travel to expose themselves to a higher level of play. So far, they haven't found it in the Gold Division of the WCJ. The Platinum Division would have been better suited, if not too much. The Falcons are shooting well at 52% against CC. That will be key as the field narrows.

yep, hopefully they will get really pushed by Dos Pueblos. The Platinum division would have been a tougher test for sure.

impressive win against Dos Pueblos, a team that hit 18 3 pointers the night before. Prairie defense clamps down on that and wins easily. Up next is the pre season 1AA ranked #7 Buena High School. Culver City and Dos Pueblos were also ranked teams so Prairie must be playing pretty well.
This post was edited on 12/30 10:36 AM by statewide

Top 3 of 4 teams in the top division, Platinum, at the WCJ are in the top 50 nationally and top 10 statewide. In comparison, in the B level, Gold, Buena is 106th and 22nd respectively. Prairie is 523rd and 17th by the same source. Culver City 1002nd/109th, Dos Puebleos 1062th and 116th.

Then I would say Prairie is probably in the right division. They aren't a very big team and probably would have been handled easily by good quality big girls. Skyview had some good big girls and look how that turned out. I was looking at the CIF pre season rankings and Culver City, Dos Pueblos, and Buena were all listed in the top 16 in their division. Buena should be more than enough of a challenge for the Falcons.
This post was edited on 12/30 7:49 PM by statewide

Prairie wins it 67-60. West Coast site states that Prairie is the first champion ever in that division from outside the state of California. Aldridge has to be pleased with that performance.

There were only 2 teams entered in the B division from outside of CA. None in the A division.

Yes they are and thank you. Apparently the WCJ does not atract a large contingency of out of state teams with so many nationally renowned tournaments going on this week.

Great job Prairie, glad they got a good challenge out of that final game. I was anticipating a lot more of a struggle throughout the tourney, but apparently I didn't put enough effort into checking out their competition.

Congrats to the Falcons on the wins!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT