ADVERTISEMENT

Prairie wins district again

statewide

Jan 18, 2004
no surprise there really but have to hand it to Kelso as their free throw shooting was outstanding and kept them close. Prairie shot 34% and looked a little rusty after the 8 days off. After this performance, there have to be some 3A teams licking their chops. Prairie looks very very beatable. And Kelso, who scored 15 total points against Prairie early in the season, looked like the best team in a long time out of that school.

The road for the Falcons will be precipitous from here. And you are correct in thinking that the northern teams took the news of narrow victory with alacrity. (Vocabulary curtesy of the Columbian.) The ability to adjust, as Kelso did, will be a nessecity if the falcons have any hopes of making the dome. There haven't been any indications of that thus far, so lets hope it's a matter of not wanting to show all the cards. If not, well then Game ....?
flush.r191677.gif

Union finally beat The Storm. I am afraid that will be the high point of their season. 2 losses are in the cards for the the Titans.?
flush.r191677.gif
?? The Storm should be thrilled with how far they have come this season. They are defiantly coached well. We are about to find out about Union and Prairie.?It was a once in a lifetime Clark county representation last year, most likely to have no representation in the Dome this year.?

This post was edited on 2/10 8:30 AM by wasports

I would take the Skyview coach at Prairie in a heartbeat. Skyview should be good next year and next year for Prairie is really the beginning of the Smith era. The stars will be gone and his teaching and coaching skills will be on display. I didn't see any halftime adjustments against Kelso which tells me he really doesn't have any. Aldridge was one of the better seen in the state of Washington at making changes which made a difference. They have another long layoff before the next game. The game is at Columbia River and it should be a game they are expected to win. I am hoping they will be part of the final 8. We'll know soon.

Maybe Smith will become temporary? Depending on the end of the year results, maybe Prairie will have the sense to shop for a more decorated candidate in the offseason? Maybe is used very loosely!

Aldridge had a rough start at Clark in the preseason but now he's at 9-2 in conference play and 2nd place in their division. Rooting for him but I almost half-wish he would have done terribly so he could give up & return to Prairie :p Despite jokes, again, I am glad he's doing well, seems like he's adjusted a lot just within this season.

Aldridge will do well at Clark I have little doubt of that. My concern for Al is that nobody really seems to care. If he had become the next basketball coach at PSU or maybe UP, that would have been a different story. Still hoping Smith can keep it rolling but I just don't see that happening. Going to be a big hole in my bball high school interest.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT