ADVERTISEMENT

SCAC High Jumpers and 4x1

highjumper60

Nov 25, 2003
Is there any good boy high jumpers out of the SCAC? And also is there going to be any Fast 4x1 Teams? Lets hear some Input.

You should be all alone in this event. There are a handful of other SCAC jumpers who could hit 6'0" on occasion, but I don't know about consistently. Friedrich and Sybouts of Zillah have both hit 6 but I don't think either will jump this year. Newman of Highland, a soph, looked good last year as did Kitter of Cle Elum. I would put highjumper60 as a favorite to take state this year. Good luck.

As for 4x100, that's a tough call. Zillah returns 2 off their state championship team last year, but will probably not be able to match last years time.

I would pick Price to win state if I knew he would get the coaching he needed to be mentally and physically prepared to compete at that level.

Basically this is how its going to go...

FIELD EVENTS
Javelin:Sybouts
Shot put:Cummings (if he is a senior, i think he is)
Discus:Dont know
Long Jump: Friedrich
High Jump: Kitter
Triple Jump: Kitter
Pole Vault: Dont know

RUNNING EVENTS
100: Sybouts
200: Sybouts
400: Sanchez
800: Sanchez
1600: Dont know
3200: Dont know
110M hurdles: Argo? Maybe that kid from Cle Elum
300M hurdles: Argo
4x100relay: Zillah, Gdale, its a toss up
4x400relay: Gdale, their always good.

Discus: Christensen (Royal) and Cummings are top returners.
HJ: Price - Kitter hit 6-0 maybe once last year.
TJ: Come on Friedrich was 4th at state last year. I don't remember Kitter even TJing.

hmmm me thinks it should go something like this
boys
100m-sybouts of zillah is the big favorite with only hart of friday harbor to challenge.
200m-again sybouts the big favorite, maybe fuller of charles wright
400m-tight bunch. a battle of who improves. seniors sanchez of goldendale, stanger of lake roosevelt and fuller of charles wright are good but not amazing (51.1). sophomore fuller of king's (52.03)should improve big. 51 won't win state so who is going to go 50 low?
800m-another tight bunch. 6 returners within one second (1:59.2-2:00.5). mosely of s.a.a.s. won last year, sanchez has the speed but dull of king's has the endurance. 1:59 won't win this year. who is ready to go out in 56 and not fade?
1600m-king of coupeville the big favorite. can he be a front runner for a change or will he be out kicked? if he has a weakness, who has the guts to outkick him? brown of brewster? the dull twins of king's had a great xc season?
3200m-again king of coupeville a big favorite. same questions as above but with fewer legit challengers. dull twins? would love to see the royal twins show up.
110h-walden of newport the big fav. 3 other high 15s return but are far back. argo would have to improve a ton to be in the mix.
300h-stevie of liberty bell and walden of newport are the class of the field. neal of lakeside maybe.
HJ-price of connell huge fav at 6'6. vetter of montesano the only real challenger at 6'3. anyone else better be working out hard.
PV-goold of rainier the big fav at 13'8. 6 guys in the low 12s but far back.
LJ-friedrich of zillah a narrow fav. hart of friday harbor right behind. watts of meridian is close as well. all are above 20'10.
TJ-teng of bcs the big fav at 43'6. vetter of montesano a foot behind.
Shot-cummings of highland clear leader at 50'4. nooksack valley combo of mitchell and hobbs could challenge.
Discus-christensen of royal, mitchell of nooksack and swanson of king's are all close at 143ish. who is consistent,who is going to improve?
Jav-sybouts of zillah and lyon of rainier will battle.
relays-hard to tell who is returning
team-zillah is the early season fav but we'll see.

this is from last year's stats. most of these athletes will have to improve or be ready to be passed. but of course by the end of the season there will be many surprises. that's were the fun is.
let the season begin.

Oh, I see how were playing now, I thought we were just talking about SCAC people, not the entire state.
Sorry about that for TJ, I meant Friedrich, I guess I just had a slip of the mind...
But yah RodFather pretty much covered it all. I don't see how Zillah is the favorite at all, considering they are only returning 2 contributing people...Sybouts and Friedrich, who had a combined 42 points at state last year. The only other returner is Argo, who earned 8th in the 110 hurdles. So I dont know how they are the favorite, they have no depth this year.

i won't say that zillah is a big favorite but nobody else looks dominating. zillah looks to score 40 pretty easy and 50 could win it all. it is still very much up in the air but the best guess right now is zillah. many teams could challenge. who looks strong to you?

Just like last year I it was a really close race between Zillah, Charles Wright, and Goldendale...I think it's pretty much going to be about the same this year, except with Kings, Coupeville, Zillah. Coupeville is returning Kyle King(I believe thats his name), who controlled the 1600, and 3200 last year, and they always have a good sprinter. Chittim graduated, so I'm not so positive about that sprinter comment. Umm, Kings is always strong, they have alot of good athletes, considering their 'Boys' School, has more kids than most 1A schools have total. They have alot of athletes there, Davis graduating will hurt them, but I still think they'll be strong. Zillah is going to rely fully on the shoulders of Sybouts and Friedrich, obviously. Sybouts looks to be the favorite in the short sprints, and up there in the Javelin, he just needs to find a 4th event, now that Leos and Ross graduated, their 4x100 doesnt look to well. Friedrich, on a good day, could easily take the Long Jump, he got beat by what 1 inch last year, on Cleveland's (gdale)last jump. That was a little dissapointing. He could make noise in the Triple, he finished 4th last year, and will probably just get better. Other than that they have some underclassmen that might be able to compete at higher levels this year. No promises though. With Sybouts capable of bringing home 30 points on his own (100, 200, Jav), and Friedrich bringing home 15-20, depending on the day (LJ, TJ, maybe HJ)...There is between 45-50 points between the two of them, if they can fins somebody to step up in other events, say the 800, 400, 1600, etc, they might be able to pull away with another state championship...

Zillah - 1st 50pts
Kings - 2nd 46pts
Coupeville 3rd 44pts

Thats my guess...with about a 5 point swing between the bunch...

sounds about right. it will be close.
by the way, king's is not a boys school. it has 290ish students and is co-ed. that makes about 145 boys by my math.

yep, co-ed. archbishop is co-ed as well. O'Dea is all boys and holy names is all girls but they are big schools. amongst the small schools, i think annie wright is all girls while charles wright is co-ed. go figure.

Re: SCAC High Jumpers and 4x1 High JUMPERS

Price from Connell hit 6' 4" first time out of the shoot the other day in the high jump.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT